Your time is precious when you are a blogger, but you still need to keep updated with your statistics, and social media accounts. Sometimes you might find a great article idea which you want to share on your blog straight away but you are not physically in front of your computer! Frustrating right? Not anymore – with your smartphone or tablet you can still stay up-to-date with your blog and readers.
We discuss 5 essential apps for successful bloggers, including WordPress, Google Analytics, Facebook Pages Manager, Echofon and MailChimp.
Of course, there are plenty of apps on the market, but these 5 apps are the smartest. These apps make my life more enjoyable when I’m using my mobile phone and away from my computer.
5 Essential Apps for Bloggers
What bloggers need to set up those apps:
- Your smartphone or tablet
- Visit your app store and upload those apps
- Your different usernames and password to create your accounts et voila!
- Now, you can enjoy your take away coffee, watching your kids at the playground and being the smartest blogger, all at the same time 🙂 Enjoy!
It’s easy to manage your WordPress blog or site from your iOS device. With WordPress for iOS, you can moderate comments, create or edit posts and pages, view stats, and add images or videos with ease.
All you need is a WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted WordPress.org site running 3.1 or higher. I highly recommend uploading the Jetpack plug-in to access your statistics.
WordPress website: https://wordpress.com/
2. Google Analytics
Using your Google Analytics account, this application shows the most important web analytics metrics on one single dashboard. You won’t have all the Google Analytics metrics on your smartphone – but the ones that are important from a management point of view.
In addition, a ‘Website Performance Index’ is automatically calculated, that shows your website’s performance for today, this week and this month in one single number. Even more, the index is indicating in red or green whether your website performance is on track or not.
Google Analytics: https://analytics.withgoogle.com
3. Facebook Pages Manager
Facebook Pages Manager helps admins connect with their audience and keep up with activity on multiple Pages, all in one place.
- Post new updates and photos and respond to comments as your Pages
- View and reply to private messages
- Get notifications about new activity on your Pages right away
- View your latest Pages Insights, including check-ins
Facebook website: https://www.facebook.com/
4. Echofon for Twitter
Echofon for Twitter is incredibly fast, simply powerful, and super smart. I love this app better than the Twitter app.
Echofon is the leading Twitter utility app for iOS and Android. Beautifully designed with the active Twitter user in mind, Echofon provides the power and superior speed needed for managing all your Twitter accounts for your busy social media lifestyle.
Echofon website: https://echofon.com/
One of the best applications to create your newsletter is called MailChimp.
MailChimp features include:
- Add new subscribers, manage your lists and view reports wherever you are with MailChimp’s iPhone app.
- Manage Your Lists – Monitor the growth of your lists, see which subscribers are most engaged and make changes to subscriber records. No computer required.
- View Reports – Don’t wait to get back to your desk to see how your campaigns are performing. Just pull out your phone and get instant access to all your reports.
- Add Subscribers – Subscribers don’t always request to be added to your list when they’re sitting in front of their computers—sometimes they ask you in real life! Add them directly to any MailChimp list directly from your phone.
Mailchimp website: https://mailchimp.com/
If you know other ‘can’t live without’ apps for bloggers – please leave a comment below: