Star Wars: Jedi Challenges – Dark Side Expansion is now available for the ultimate augmented reality (AR) experience for free! A local multiplayer game to the content update: Ship Battles.
Since its global launch, the Jedi Challenges has become one of the most sought-after Star Wars tech devices of the season.
Lenovo has teamed up with Disney on these kinds of gaming experiences. In the Dark Side Expansion, the third free content expansion from Jedi Challenges, players can battle against each other as Rey and Yoda in AR Lightsaber duels.
New Ship Battles Game Experience
With the newest Ship Battles mode, players command ships in space battles against opponents in real-time, in local multiplayer matches. Ship battles let players take command of an Imperial Star Destroyer or Rebel Mon Calamari Cruiser, managing offensive and defensive manoeuvres in space combat.
Tricks and Hacks to Win
Here are a few tips and tricks to help new players get started on the Dark Side Expansion and Ship Battles:
Dark Side Expansion
- Defeating the strongest opponents in the galaxy will require the use of abilities such as Pull. Wait for Yoda to hurl rocks at you before activating this power – cancelling out his ability and pulling him closer for attack.
- Select the Second Wind passive ability so that when your opponent lands the final blow you’ll be able to fully heal yourself and grab a second chance to strike down your adversary.
- Prioritise Shielding and Communications sections to stay in the fight longer, or concentrate your attack strength on the Hangar Bay or turbo laser to blitz your opponent.
- In order to prevent turbo laser damage to your ship, when your opponent starts their bombing run, use the Support Call to begin your own bombing run.
- Learn to split your attack power throughout the game. At the start of your match, place two targets on the turbo lasers and two on the Shielding section of the enemy’s ship. During the mid-late phase, focus three targets on the section with the least damage, and the fourth on the most damaged.
To play the Dark Side Expansion update, the full Star Wars: Jedi Challenges starter kit is required (sold separately), which includes the Lenovo Mirage™ AR headset, Lightsaber controller, and Tracking Beacon. A compatible smartphone and the latest Jedi Challenges app, free to download on the App Store® and Google Play™, are also required.
Pricing and Availability
The Star Wars: Jedi Challenges – Dark Side Expansion update is available now through the Star Wars: Jedi Challenges app as a free download on the App Store and Google Play.
The Star Wars: Jedi Challenges starter kit is available on www.jedichallenges.com and select local retailers. Local pricing and availability will vary by country.