Lumen is the first metabolism measurement device which tells you if you’re burning fats or carbs via your breath. By measuring your breath every day, Lumen is able to create a personalised nutrition plan for you and overall, it gives you more insight into how efficiently you’re burning calories.
Lumen works by measuring your body’s carbon dioxide concentration when you breathe into a handheld Lumen device. It then gives you a reading based on the type of fuel your body is using to produce energy – a mix of fat or carbs.
Some say it’s like having a nutritionist in your pocket because Lumen provides you with personalized suggestions on when and what to eat to fuel your workout, based on your metabolism. Lumen supports fat burn and improves your metabolic flexibility, which is your body’s ability to efficiently switch between using carbs and fats as a fuel source.
- Find it easier to lose weight and maintain it.
- Be in a better position to gain muscle and perform better during workouts.
- Be at lower risk of developing obesity, diabetes and metabolic disorders.
How did Lumen start?
Michal and Merav Mor, twin sisters with PhDs in Physiology, co-founded Lumen and act as Head of Science for Product and Head of Research and Science respectively. The sisters conceived of the idea for a personal metabolic tracker when they were training for an Ironman race. Determined to improve their fitness and race times, the scientists sought out a way to track and test their metabolism to achieve peak fitness. Eight years in the making, we now have Lumen available around the world today.
As Michal says: “While metabolism is key to weight loss, the only way to test metabolism was through a restrictive, hours-long laboratory process, leaving regular people with zero visibility into their metabolic rate and only haphazard ways of improving it.”
“With Lumen, we are bringing scientifically rigorous insight into personal metabolism for the very first time, allowing anyone at home to measure how efficient their body is at burning calories, but also sharing research-driven recommendations on how they can reach their health and fitness goals faster,” she adds.
Lumen keeps track
Lumen has researched the use of the device and one million monthly metabolism measurements have shown that Lumen users are able to:
- Lose an average of 0.5 kg or 1.5 pounds of weight per week on a consistent basis
- Improve their metabolic flexibility by 66%
- Improve fasting windows to 12 hours daily
- Increase their daily movement by 1000 steps
The Lumen device and app enable users to maximise their wellness because:
- You know what and when to eat to fuel your workout and support fat burn.
- You can customise your nutrition – get daily personalised meal plans so you know what to eat and when.
- You can see if you have enough energy before a workout or if you need to fuel up. You can check with the Lumen after your workout to see the impact on your body.
- You can monitor and improve your metabolic health. Over time, Lumen tracks your metabolism, sleep, nutrition and fitness data to provide a Lumen Flex Score, which reflects your success and this helps you to sustain better results over time.
Scientific validation A study conducted by San Francisco State University showed that Lumen has been validated to meet the gold standard for metabolic measurement. The device provides numerous insights about the metabolism of a person, as well as scientific data which increases knowledge of metabolic flexibility and nutrition.
Availability: The Lumen device is available at Lumen.me.
The device comes equipped with a travel case, charging dock, USB-C Cable, and Premium Customer Support. Users can download the app for free on the Apple App Store and on Google Play. Lumen is headquartered in Israel, with offices in the United States.
Lumen is having a Black Friday sale from now until Friday November 26th where there’ll be $40 off the annual package deal. To get a further 10% off, use our promo code: womenlovetech
For more from Women Love Tech on health and technology, visit here.