The Australian Podcast Awards has revealed its finalists for 2021 – unveiling a list of the country’s top podcasts across 28 categories. The winners will be announced at an in-person event on 2nd December at The Ritz in Sydney.
Director of the Australian Podcast Awards, Matt Deegan, says, “Year on year we see entries for the Australian Podcast Awards grow at an incredible rate – showing just how much amazing content is being produced here in Australia. We’re looking forward to another amazing year and an in-person celebration of all the finalists and winners in December.”
We’ve listed all the finalists for the best podcasts for you here:
- Best Relationships Podcast
- Controversy: A five-star rated podcast that uncovers, devours and celebrates the history of eroticism.
- Me For Her Podcast: A podcast about two lesbians navigating their respective single and married lives, aiming to help other women in their 20’s and 30’s laugh at, relate to and learn from their experiences.
- Sealed Section: A podcast where psycho-sexologist, Chantelle Otten, answers all your sex and relationship questions…big and small.
- Somebody You Love: A podcast that aims to demystify sex work and give a human voice to sex workers.
- The Good Bits Sexy Stories: A podcast that inspires your desire, with the good bits from great books.
- What To Expect When You’re Injecting: A podcast hosted by fiercely infertile Cassie Silver that takes listeners on a journey through the world of infertility.
- Best Wellbeing Podcast
- All in the Mind: A podcast exploring the mind, brain and behaviour — everything from addiction to artificial intelligence.
- Get Psyched: A podcast created by Headspace Launceston providing real stories from young people who talk about the real stuff, the ‘feels’ stuff and the ‘deal’ stuff with mental health clinicians.
- Grow Your Mind: A podcast that lets the listener hear kids teaching kids about their mental health and ways to be resilient.
- Minding Your Mind: A podcast where mental health expert Prof Ian Hickie and author and broadcaster James O’Loghlin explore all aspects of mental health.
- The Space: A mindfulness podcast without the cringe that includes a mini escape each morning and evening with short meditations, motivations and tips on how to improve your day.
- Young Blood: A national, award-winning podcast on a mission to make the mental health of young men a top priority.
- Best True Crime Podcast
- Fairground Fuckups: A podcast dedicated to bringing you the tragic stories from theme park accidents from all over the world.
- Ghost Gate Road: In this podcast series, author and journalist Matthew Condon, looks at the early years of psychopath Vince o’Dempsey, where he terrorised a small country town and ultimately graduated to become the most feared man in the Australian underworld.
- I Catch Killers: A podcast where retired Detective Inspector, Gary Jubelin, tracks down other detectives, criminologists, lawyers, forensic experts and the odd hardcore criminal to extract their tricks of the trade.
- Killing Phar Lap: A podcast that embarks on the first full forensic investigation around the death of the Australian wonder horse, Phar Lap, to discover why he was brutally killed, by whose hand and why.
- The Nurse: A podcast documenting the life of a nurse living in a quiet town in Tasmania who spent his life working with children while hiding a dark secret.
- Unravel: Juanita: A seven-episode podcast series tackling one of Australia’s most chilling and unsolved true crime stories in the early ’70s, Sydney’s Kings Cross.
For more from Women Love Tech on the best podcasts around, visit here.