As a tech blogger I’m very lucky to test the latest products before they hit the shops. Last week, I tested and played with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Lots of Women Love Tech readers contacted me asking for a review so here it goes. First I will talk about their features, how many days I have trying each phones and what I honestly think.
My Personal Honest Review On Apple iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
Apple announced the 22nd of September it has sold over 10 millions new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models in just 3 days! This is unbelievable knowing that the two phones are available in only few countries like the US, Australia, Canada… They will be available in 115 countries by the end of the year – what a record!
Why These Phones Are So Remarkable?
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are the biggest advancements in iPhone history, featuring the phones with stunning HD displays, and packed with innovative technologies in an all-new dramatically thin and seamless design that is still comfortable to hold and easy to use.
As you know the iPhone 6 Plus is the biggest one (4.7-inch) and iPhone 6 (5.5-inch) and they are the thinnest iPhones 6.9mm for the iPhone 6 and 7.1mm for the iPhone 6 Plus.
see below a pic taken with my actual iPhone 5 besides the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, what a difference right?
Top New Features Included in the Two New iPhones
– Retina HD display screen (1334 x 750) for the iPhone 6 and (1920 x 1080) for the iPhone 6 Plus
– The A8 chip make the phones 25% faster than the iPhone 5S, and 50% faster for games! It’s also increasing the battery life
– The phone designs are beautifully designed with one glass piece and corners’ are rounder and smoother, a real pleasure to touch!
– The camera has a new sensor with Focus pixels and new video features, like slow motion at 240 frames per second!
– Faster 4G LTE meaning you can connected to Wi-Fi 3 times faster
– iOS 8 operating system are already installed in the two iPhones 6
– Numbers, Pages & Keynote apps are includedMe (without makeup) in Women Love Tech office
My Personal Opinion
– I really do love the retina HD screen it brings more contrasts, the colors are truly vibrant, and the apps look very sharp.
– I don’t play games, but I use my phone thousand times per day, and I noticed the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are more faster than my actual iPhone 5 – browsing an app, closing a window, Internet, etc…
– The phones are beautifully designed and are very nice to hold, almost a shame to add a case on it
– I saw few silly articles about this guy who could bend an iPhone 6 Plus on the Web – I don’t believe it, I tried to bend the iPhone 6 (gently) and guess what, it didn’t bend! Don’t believed all the bullshits you see on the Internet, unless you sit on your iPhone the phone won’t bend!
– The camera is fantastic and takes great photos. I had a lot of fun playing with the video slow motion (240 fps), plus the FaceTime HD captures 81% more light and it’s new burst mode takes 10 photos per second! I love having all these features in the phone and be able to take spontaneous great photos at any time of the day and night – to me this is one of the best feature of the both iPhone 6
– Life’s battery always been a sensitive topic on iPhones – but again it depends how many times per day you use your iPhone. Comparing to my iPhone 5 which I need to charge twice per day, (I’m a big user), I charged only the iPhone 6 every 2 days and almost every 4 days for the iPhone 6 Plus, what an improvement! Also the two new iPhones charge faster.
– Because I have a ‘old’ iPhone 5 I never used before the Touch ID, and again I love it – no need to re-type my password everytime, I set up the iPhone 6 with my right and left thumb this way I can open the phone whatever the way I’m holding it – a must try!
– I didn’t write about the Apple Pay feature because it’s not yet available – it will be available in the US in October, and I don’t know when it will arrive in Australia. I will keep you posted.
Size Does Matter
At the beginning I was very excited about trying the iPhone 6 Plus, yeah! a bigger screen! I tried this phone for over 2 days, and it is not for me. First of all, I am a petite woman 160cm (no I’m not a midget and I wear high heels) but I have small hands, and I had to stretch my hand to hold the phone in one hand and after 2 days it was physically painful.
Other test, the iPhone 6 Plus doesn’t fit in my favourite small hand bag, and it’s too big to slide in my back pants pocket or in a jacket’s pocket. Don’t give me wrong I love the big screen and I used it during a press event to take notes and it was much easier than a smaller screen – but on the practical side, this phone is simply too big for my hands, my hand bag and pockets.
So I switched to the iPhone 6, and this is the phone I need. I can hold the phone in one hand browsing with my thumb in same time and it fits everywhere. If I was a man or a (tall) woman with big hands I will choose the iPhone 6 Plus, but because it’s not the case, I’m very happy with the iPhone 6 – I would recommend you to visit an Apple store and to hold more than 5 minutes each phone and see by yourself which is the best for you and your lifestyle.
Prices & Availabilities
– iPhone 6 comes in gold, silver or space gray, and is available in Australia for a recommended retail price of A$869 Inc. GST for the 16GB model, A$999 inc. GST for the 64GB model and, for the first time, a new 128GB model for A$1,129 inc. GST.
– iPhone 6 Plus comes in gold, silver or space grey, and will be available in Australia for a recommended retail price of A$999 inc. GST for the 16GB model, A$1,129 inc. GST for the 64GB model and A$1,249 inc. GST for the new 128GB model.
– Both models are available from the Apple Online Store and Apple Retail Stores, through Telstra, Optus, Vodafone, and additional carriers, and from selected Apple Authorised Resellers. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are available in the US, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the UK.
Voila, I hope you will appreciate my honest review – please note this is my personal opinion and Apple do not pay me to write about their products.
Images: My Own
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.