I am not going to lie, running a business is hard work asking permanent consistency and focus. It makes sense, in the great technology era we are living connected to our devices, small and big businesses cannot ignored the power of social media. If you are still sceptical or think it’s not worth the effort, let me change your mind by explaining why social media should never be ignored by small businesses.
Why Social Media Should Never Be Ignored By Small Businesses
The truth is, social media is time consuming, I spend in average 2 hours per day developing social media for Women Love Tech the last 30 months – no exception.
Does it worth? Absolutely.
To give few numbers, Women Love Tech Facebook page has now 17,730 people likes, 12,400 followers on Twitter, over 700 email subscribers and over 500 followers on Pinterest.
Without social media marketing, the site wouldn’t survived by itself.
Sure, bigger companies sub-contract others to do the same job. You can do it yourself with the right tools and a good organisation. Here the following reasons why it’s worth the efforts.
Increase In Exposure
– Social Media Marketing increase your business exposure by 85%. Small business owners noted gains in business exposure due to social media.
Increase In Traffic
– 76% report positive results in traffic increasing.
– By using consistent effort on social media, a blog or a company can build a reputation for its brand around your company’s values, benefits, and advantages.
– 58% enjoyed and increase in lead generation.
– 65% of small business owners were more likely than others to generate leads.
Growth Of Business Partnership
– 52% of companies spending the most time on social media gain the most in partnership.
– 45% have indicated increase in sales, but it takes time to reap the benefits.
– 50% who experienced sales increase has used social media marketing for at least 3 years.
Reduced Marketing Costs
– 46% of businesses reduced their marketing cost by using social media.
More Loyal Fans
– 73% of marketers are more likely to develop loyal fan base through social media than Business To Consumer marketers (58%).
You see social media is a ‘must-have tool’ to develop your blog or small business. It doesn’t matter in which industry you are, social media will help to develop your brand awareness and with time to increase sales.
Follow Us On Pinterest