When we listen to our favourite songs, there’s something about the song lyrics which has the power to stay with us over the years, transport us back in time and activate our emotions like nothing else. Spotify researched this area and they’ve now introduced one of the most requested features – Lyrics – an interactive and shareable experience which is now available to Free and Premium users globally.
To bring this to life, Spotify has partnered with Musixmatch to give users in-app access to the majority of Spotify’s extensive library of tracks. With access to the world’s lyrics straight from Spotify, listeners can now cultivate a deeper connection to the music and artists they love without even leaving the app.
So, Spotify has introduced Lyrics and here’s how it works:
On the Spotify mobile app
- Tap on the ‘Now Playing View’ on a song.
- While listening, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real time as the song is playing!
- To share, simply tap the ‘Share’ button at the bottom of the lyrics screen and then select the lyrics you want to share—and where you want to share it to via third party platforms.
On the Spotify desktop app
- From the ‘Now Playing bar, click on the microphone icon while a song is playing.
- Voila! You’ll see track lyrics that scroll in real time while the song plays.
On the Spotify TV app
- Open the ‘Now Playing View’ on a song.
- Navigate to the right button corner to the ‘lyrics button’ and select if you want to enable the lyric experience.
- Once enabled, you’ll see the lyrics on screen.
Here’s some of the facts Spotify uncovered when they conducted a recent survey:
- 81% of Australians say lyrics have reminded them of a certain place or person.
- 45% of Australians have been embarrassed by singing the wrong lyrics to a song – it’s apparently not a long way to the shop if you want a sausage roll!
- 46% of Australians aged 18-34 say they’ve used a hairbrush as a microphone while singing at home.
- 66% of Australians say they’re more likely to remember the song lyrics they listened to in high school than they are to remember what they learned in class.
- The majority of Australians surveyed noted the 80s as the decade with the best song lyrics.
Spotify is available in 28 markets across iOS and Android devices, desktop, TV and gaming consoles.
For more from Women Love Tech on Spotify, visit here.
Adele Asked For It And Now Spotify Has Changed The Way Albums Are Played