I always say it’s never too late to go back to school. I went back to uni when I was in my early 30s. To be honest, it wasn’t easy to juggle a job, study, a partner and finding time to sleep! But my extra qualification allowed me to change the direction of my career path and find a job easily. Being in control of my education also brought me a sense of self-confidence and I realised nothing was impossible. I know I am not the only one to think you can have a better chance of getting your dream job with additional qualifications. In fact, seven in 10 Australians have said they would like to work in a different industry.
Start Your Career Change In 20 Minutes!
If you feel like you’re in a career rut and you have your eye on that dream job but do not have the qualifications – do not get discouraged. I truly believe further education has brought a better lifestyle and financial gains for myself.
True, sometimes finding the right course can be confusing and time consuming. The decision to undertake study is a big one, and you want to make sure the choice you make will work for you. My advice is to contact a SEEK Learning consultant.
About Seek Learning
SEEK Learning partners with Australia’s leading education providers to offer over 300 courses that help get students job ready. Through expert consultant advice SEEK Learning helps people achieve their career goals through further education. In fact, SEEK Learning has connected more than 200,000 students with career-related education over the past 10 years.
My Own Experience with a SEEK Learning Consultant
Last week I spoke to Melinda, a SEEK Learning consultant about journalism courses. I wasn’t sure what level of education I was interested in or if I would even find the time to study, but my aim was to get informed. SEEK Learning partners with leading Australian universities, TAFE’s and colleges. To my surprise, most of the courses listed on SEEK Learning are facilitated online, which makes it easy to fit in study on top of your daily activities.
- Melinda took me through step by step. First she asked about my current education level. The most helpful thing I learnt was if you studied less than 10 years ago, you can be credited for units in some courses – great news!
- While I was on the phone, I could follow the course details on SEEK Learning website, which was very handy and useful.
- I could ask all the questions I wanted to ask, the consultant knew the Australian communication and art education system extremely well.
- Knowing my level of education, the consultant directed me to a Bachelor of Communication rather than a TAFE course. Within minutes of our conversation, I knew exactly how many units I would have to do, how many hours of study per week, and the entry and credits I needed to get a degree.
- I was impressed by the consultant’s knowledge, and I learned everything I wanted to know about journalism courses in no time.
- As studying can be costly, I wanted to know why I couldn’t see any fees on the SEEK Learning website. I was advised the consultants help you choose the best way to finance your studies, over the phone – whether it’s government assistance or flexible financing.
- By the end of our 20-minute conversation, I knew which courses were right for me and what was not, should I decide to pursue further studies.
I thoroughly enjoyed the SEEK Learning experience and I am so happy this helpful service exists. Like most of my readers, I’m very busy and don’t have time to physically go to uni or college, attend information sessions, or call around to different institutions to get further information. This call saved me hours of my precious time!
What to ask when speaking with a SEEK Learning Consultant
– Decide what you want to know prior to the conversation and try to be precise in which industry you would love to work in, or know more about.
– If you are a visual person, it would help to check the discussed courses on the website while you’re on the call.
– Ask all the questions you want – course, length, units of study required, finance options, etc
SEEK Learning is an amazing support for when you are considering changing up your career path. Talking with a consultant who specialises in your field is a great idea to offer all the information you need to make an informed decision and even better, it’s free!
I hope this article was useful. I wished SEEK Learning existed a long time ago. Give them a free call on 1800 891 011 or visit the SEEK Learning website seeklearning.com.au and find out what is best for your future within minutes.
I have teamed up with Seek Learning for this article.