My all-time favourite ergonomic keyboard is made by Evoluent. Here’s are some of the reasons why I recommend it to my friends and family.
A good indication that the Evoluent keyboard is a quality product is the fact my first keyboard still works, making it worth paying for the expensive shipping from America.
Fortunately these days there are a number of forward-thinking Australian companies stocking this innovative product. The best thing about this keyboard is that there are no numeric keys on the right side. This allows you to relax your arm and shoulder, especially when swapping to the mouse.
The keyboard is perfect for touch-typers as the profile is low to reduce wrist strain. The keys are slim and have a nice typing feel. There are twelve one-touch hotkeys for shortcuts.
- Great for all-day use
- Slim design for small desks and bodies
- Low profile is good for preventing wrist strain
- Encourages less movement of the hand from the keyboard to mouse
- Not ideal for those who do accounting or finances
- You might need to download and update the drivers to ensure the right keys match the right character (to ensure capability with your software)
- Avoid eating food at your desk (as it is hard to clean)
The Evoluent keyboard is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix computers. It is available in wired and wireless.I use an Evoluent keyboard at home and work without the additional need for an old-school mouse pad or wrist support. My husband likes it so much he also uses it at work.Highly recommended.