EHang has launched its new Ghostdrone 2.0 VR, a drone that features a built-in 4K spherical camera, which can be controlled by the user with a pair of innovative virtual reality goggles.
Manoeuvring the drone by simply moving their head whilst wearing the goggles, users have complete control via a free app on their smart device (iOS or Android). The GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR manages to combine two of the hottest trends of 2017: drones plus virtual reality.
For an inclusive flying experience, the drone features an integrated 4K spherical camera and innovative virtual reality goggles, which you can use to see from your drone’s perspective or change the camera angle.
All you need to do is simply tilt your head up or down. Combined with EHang’s signature mobile phone control that allows users to control their GhostDrone 2.0 VR from their smart device with over 10 different easy to use, it’s very easy to control flight modes.
The GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR combines accessibility with top-line engineering and design to take the flying experience to the next level.
App Control – GhostDrone 2.0 offers novices and enthusiasts an innovative flying experience with an iOS and Android app to allow multiple flight modes including:
- Touch to Go – using your smart device simply point to the place on the map you wish GhostDrone 2.0 to fly to and it will head to that destination.
- WayPoints – using the Ehang map in the app select a number of different WayPoints, hit GO and GhostDrone 2.0 will fly that route.
- Avatar Mode – GhostDrone 2.0 will mimic its flight as your move your mobile phone. Tilt forward, GhostDrone 2.0 moves forward. Rotate your phone, GhostDrone 2.0 turns.
- SmartShots – GhostDrone 2.0 offers many features to allow you to get the high quality videos and photos.
- Vertical Lift – GhostDrone 2.0 will fly up vertically to a predetermined height to allow you to get a birds eye view of your surroundings.
- Drone Selfie – GhostDrone 2.0 will hover in front of you and take a photo.
- Orbit – Set a location on your map and GhostDrone 2.0 will fly around this position recording crisp 4K video.
- Companion mode – Want to take GhostDrone 2.0 with you as you move around? Just hit Companion mode and GhostDrone will follow you.
- VR Goggles – EHang’s proprietary VR goggles create an immersive flight experience, allowing users to ‘see’ out of the eyes of their drone with zero-latency. You can intuitively control the camera angle of their drone simply via head movement.
Availability and Pricing:
The GHOSTDRONE 2.0 VR model is available online only from EHang for $1,199. VR headsets and additional batteries will also be available.