Gluten intolerance people often struggle when making healthy food choices. With SwitchFood app, gluten free people can now shop easier! George Health Institute and Bupa have developed a new gluten free app: Food Switch. Consumers can receive nutritional information on about 40,000 Australian supermarket products, including almost 10,000 gluten-free items.
Use FoodSwitch for healthy grocery shopping and make better food choices for you and your family. This FREE app will quickly and easily identify products that are gluten-free.
Take three simple steps to better health by reducing high levels of fat, salt and sugar in you and your family’s diet.
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera and see what’s in the food you’re eating.
2. Switch to similar foods that are healthier choices.
3. Share your healthier food choices with your friends via Facebook, Twitter or email.
– Immediate, easy-to-understand nutritional information for more than 38,000 products in Australia
– Simple colour-coded ratings for 4 key food components (total fat, saturated fat, sugar and salt)
– Get a list of healthier choices for the food you scan
– Find out whether a packaged food product is gluten-free or not in GlutenSwitch mode
– Save your healthy favourites on personalised shopping lists
– Export your lists of healthier choices or share them with friends and family
FoodSwitch has been developed to help Australians understand more about the nutritional value of the food we eat and empower people to make healthier choices. The database that powers FoodSwitch is the result of three years of research by food and health policy experts from The George Institute.
For your info: Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley and oats. Health consequences: can affects the bowels and damages the tiny fingers that line the bowel, impairing sufferers ability to absorb food and nutrients. If you suspect you have coeliac disease or are gluten intolerant, see your GP before making significant lifestyle changes.
Photo Courtesy: Google