Microsoft has made it clear that diversity and inclusion is deeply rooted in the company’s culture – and this year more than 4,000 employees marched in Pride parades in over 60 cities and 30 countries worldwide.
They introduced sexual orientation in their non-discrimination policies in 1989, offered employee benefits to same-sex domestic partners, added gender identity to their Equal Employment Opportunity statement in 2004 and started providing gender affirming healthcare services.
Now, to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall uprising in New York, Microsoft is releasing a range of limited-edition Pride products designed with, and by, the LGBTQI+ community. The range of Pride products will be released in Australia and include limited-edition colourful Surface Pro Pride Type Covers and Pride Skins, a Windows 10 Edition inspired by the LGBTQI+ flag, an exclusive Pride-coloured Office theme and much more across Skype, Xbox, Bing and Store.
Microsoft will donate US$100,000 to LGBTQI+ not-for-profit organisations around the world – including ACON, Australia’s largest health promotion organisation specialising in HIV prevention, HIV support and LGBTQ health.
Here are the limited-edition products created by Microsoft to show their continued support for the LGBTQI+ community.
- Surface – Inspired by the rich and varied tapestry of the LGBTQI+ community, make a more colorful impact with the limited-edition Surface Pro Pride Type Cover and Pride Skin available in the US, Canada, Australia, and the U.K. (only Type Cover).
- Windows – This Windows 10 special-edition theme was inspired by the many LGBTQI+ flags. Download the Windows Pride theme pack from the Microsoft Store.
- Mixer – Discover Pride on Mixer with dedicated streams from select partners, unique stickers, and exclusive programs. Tune in on June 30th to live stream the Seattle Pride Parade!
- Bing – Learn more about Stonewall on Bing with uniquely curated content featuring LGBTQI+ activism dating back to 1969 with this quiz. And see Pride take over the Bing homepage in select countries around the world.
- Office – Show your Pride colors with the exclusive Office theme and unique Pride templates for PowerPoint.
- Skype – Celebrate Pride with Skype’s new LGBTQI+ flag emoticons, stickers, and more.
- Xbox – Show your colors and celebrate your love of gaming with the Xbox Pride Sphere Pin available at xbox.com.
- Microsoft Rewards – Support LGBTQI+ youth in crisis by donating to The Trevor Project in June, and we’ll match it. Not a Microsoft Rewards member? Join today and we’ll give you $1 free to donate.
- Microsoft Store – Visit your local Microsoft Store to take part in a Pride celebration, march with us, or learn more at educational workshops, events, and other activities.