I try to go to the dentist regularly and fortunately they always say the same thing. I’m a firm believer in brushing my teeth twice a day but I wasn’t happy with my soft regular toothbrush. When I saw Oral B Braun Electric Toothbrush on sale for half price, I decided to splash out on one.
The model I bought has a rechargeable base, which works pretty good except when it’s running flat on batteries and I’m about to step out the door.
I must confess it took me months to actually brush my teeth longer than 2 minutes and see what happens with the timer. With my model, you just get a couple of sharp strong vibrations.
Electric Toothbrush Pros
- You can plug the toothbrush into the rechargeable base
- It gives a better clean than with a regular manual toothbrush
- Cost-effective and easy to use – suitable for kids
Electric Toothbrush Cons
- No warning when there is a flat battery
- Swapping over new brush heads was a little fiddly – only because of the coloured band
- The handle will need cleaning (I use a regular plastic toothbrush for the grooves)
- It takes up space in your bathroom (depending on your vanity sharing situation)
My electric toothbrush came with some extra replacement brush heads – but that’s the only ongoing expense you’ll have.
I’d happily buy another Oral B Braun Electric Toothbrush as an affordable way to clean my teeth daily and remove plaque.