Sweden has been the global example of how to get more out of your week by experimenting with six-hour work days. But if you want to get more productivity out of your day then simply turn up your tech.
Here are six easy productivity hacks using Google to get more out of your day.
- Bye, bye voicemails: Google Voice can save you seconds by converting voicemails into text messages so you can read them at a glance
- Beat the crowds: Rather than wasting time in lines use Google Maps to find out the estimated wait times and popular times to visit your favourite restaurants or activities.
- Your search is our command: Google Drive makes the text within all of the images and PDFs you upload searchable. Try searching for a phrase that you know is inside a picture or PDF— it’s better than spending 10 minutes trying to remember the filename
- Keeping tabs on your tabs in Chrome: You can save eight days worth of time per year by using keyboard shortcuts. Try this one in Chrome: jump between tabs at light speed by pressing Ctrl and the tab number you want to go to (i.e., Ctrl+1, Ctrl+2, Ctrl+3)
- We all love a list: Notes and lists in the Google Assistant make everyday errands like shopping a little less stressful, helping you add and keep track of lists with just your voice. You can also get more things done with just one command with Routines. You can even start a routine by hitting dismiss on your alarm right from the Clock app on Android
- Set that reminder with Voice Assistant: You can’t get something done if you don’t remember to do it. Set a friendly reminder using the Google Assistant to tackle your day. Just say, “Hey Google, remind me to call back the bank” or “Hey Google, remind me to reschedule my 3pm meeting.”