The Fossil Sport was launched in seven different colours with two case sizes (41 and 43 mm), including nylon and aluminium. You can mix and match these with the 28 silicone straps.
The round OLED screen makes it look more like a traditional watch, and the style of the watch face can be changed. It can display your health data, date and of course, the time. You can track over 40 different activities and sports.
The Wear OS interface is easy to use. Just flick your wrist upward for notifications. The watch is based on the recently launched Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 3100 platform and the newly redesigned Wear OS by Google™. The watch also has an enhanced ambient mode, integrated heart rate, NFC, and GPS capabilities.
To set up your phone download the Wear OS by Google to your smartphone and pair the two devices via Bluetooth.
You can receive notifications on your phone from contacts and third-party apps. Just tap to see more details and swipe right to remove. There is a handy Do Not Disturb mode.
The smartwatch can help you with saving time by setting reminders for later and using the Google Assistant.
The buttons let you change the face, access apps, the Google Assistant and Google Fit. Here you can set your fitness goals, check your heart rate and see your workout history.
I haven’t tried it yet, but you can set up your Google Pay account to complete transactions from your wrist.
- Attractive looking modern watch design
- Lightweight and easy to clean.
- The strap is a soft silicone which is super easy to put on and off. You can buy extra straps off Amazon or Fossil directly to change your look.
- The magnetic battery charger is way easy to use
- Affordable price packed with plenty of features
- Battery life can be short – so look out for the handy battery saving mode.
Here are some handy battery saving tips for your Fossil Smartwatch:
- Try changing to a different watch face – some watch faces, especially those with animations or interactive features and brighter colours, use up more battery life than others.
- Adjust the screen brightness – a brighter watch screen uses up more battery power
- Turn off any notifications you do not require
- Turn on theatre mode – this turns off the display and notifications temporarily
- Uninstall apps – if you recently installed an app and notice that the battery is draining faster than normal, this could be the issue. To uninstall an app, you need to uninstall the app from the phone your watch is paired with
- Limit Wi-Fi use – you can save battery life by disconnecting and turning off Wi-Fi
Google Fit provides smarter health coaching. Just set your activity goals and you’ll see your progress, with Move Minutes and Heart Points.
The Fossil Sport provides a rich set of features including integrated sensor processing, heart rate, optimized connectivity, GPS, and NFC capabilities on the platform.
All watches will come with the Spotify app for streaming music and the Noonlight app for peace of mind and safety. You’ll also find a stopwatch, timer, Translate, Weather, Alarm, Agenda, Find my Phone, Contacts, Fit, Fit Breathe, Fit Workout, Flashlight Nike Run Club, Reminders and the Play Store.
Fossil Sport Smartwatch Features
- Nylon case, aluminium top ring and pushers in 41 mm, 43 mm case size
- Stunning touchscreen digital display
- 24+ hours battery life (based on usage) + 2 additional days in battery saver watch mode
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets (18mm / 22mm)
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™ 3100 Platform
- Sensors for Heart Rate, NFC, GPS, Altimeter, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient Light,
- Powered with Wear OS by Google and compatible with iOS 9.3+ and Android™ 4.4+ (excluding Go edition)
- Connect via Bluetooth® technology
- Wireless syncing and magnetic charging
The Fossil website has a handy Quick Start guide (PDF) which covers interactive dials and buttons, notifications, charging, activity, apps, Google Play, changing the strap and custom watch faces. The website also lists an email or phone number to call if you need support.
Order from the Fossil Australia website: https://www.fossil.com/au/en/wearable-technology.html
Fossil is an American watch and lifestyle company, creatively rooted in authentic vintage and classic design. Fossil strive to create high-quality watches, bags, jewellery and more that preserve the best of the past while updating it for today. When the clean lines of the mid-century meet the modern looks of today, the result is key items that represent the best of what we stand for: bags that pair portability with streamlined design, traditional watches created in fresh hues and materials, and timeless clothes and accessories that accompany you wherever you are traveling.
@fossil and #FossilSportPop and #FossilStyle
Android, Wear OS by Google, Google Fit, and other related marks are trademarks of Google LLC.Qualcomm, Snapdragon and Snapdragon Wear are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries.