Buddhism encourages focusing on the moment rather than being consumed by the pain of the past or anxiety over the future, a mental state achieved via regular meditation – is the most buzzed about and gushed over notion of the past 12 months.
Why Celebrities Love So Much This Meditation App?
It’s been celebrity endorsed by Goldie Hawn, Hugh Jackman, Ellen DeGeneres, Miranda Kerr and Rusell Brand are all out and proud mediation fans. Hollywood trend or not, there is science behind mediation. In January 2014, a report based on an analysis of 47 clinical trials involving 3500 participants showed that mindfulness produces measurable improvement of up to 20 per cent in symptoms of anxiety and depression.
Headspace is a neat, jazzy little app promising to change your life by leading you through daily mediation practices voiced by a bouncy surfer ex-Buddhist monk called Andy Puddicombe. In the almost three years since it launched, the app scored more than a million downloads.
Headspace – Free – Apple – Google
Headspace is meditation made simple, a way of treating your head right. Using proven meditation and mindfulness techniques we’ll show you how to train your mind for a healthier, happier, more enjoyable life.
How It Works
Starting with our free Take10 programme, we’ll teach you the basics of meditation in just 10 minutes a day.
If you enjoy Take10 and want to learn more, then you can choose to continue and get access to hundreds of hours of original meditations, including guided and unguided, ranging from 2 to 60 minutes.
What You Get
– Free access to Take10, Level 1 of the Foundation Course – learn the basics in 10 x 10 minute meditations
– Personalised progress page to track your stats
– Buddy system for you and your friends to motivate each other in your journey’s
– Rewards for regular meditation
– Reminders to keep you on track with your practice
– Options for you to continue your journey after Take10, with inspiring packs and one off sessions on a range of topics such stress, happiness and appreciation
– Ability to download sessions for offline use
“I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for a product that has so profoundly changed my life. Having such an easy and guided way to meditate has kept me on track for several months now, and the changes are profound and too many to count.” - Brandon, Headspace user