Tamzin Taylor, Head of Apps for Western Europe Google Play, shared with us some of her favourite trending European apps coming from these amazing cities:
Apps developed in London, England
- City Mapper – the ultimate transit helper – currently covers Sydney and Melbourne.
- Deliveroo – your favourite restaurants delivered fast to your door
- Memrise – a British language platform that uses spaced repetition of flashcards to increase the rate of learning. Memrise offers user-generated content on a wide range of other subjects. The Memrise app has courses in 16 languages and its combinations, while the website has a great many more languages available.
- Skyscanner – a global search for comparing flights, hotels and car hire
Apps developed in Berlin, Germany
- Delivery Hero – one of the leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplaces. We process millions of orders per day, partnering with hundreds of thousands of restaurants and a fleet of fantastic riders
- Food Panda – a mobile food delivery marketplace owned by Berlin-based company Delivery Hero SE. It operates in about 50 countries, and is mostly active in the Asia Pacific, Bulgaria and Romania.
- Hello Fresh – a German publicly traded meal-kit company based in Berlin, Germany. It is the largest meal-kit provider in the United States, and also has operations in Canada, Western Europe, New Zealand, Sweden and Australia.
- SoundCloud – a music and podcast streaming platform that lets you listen to millions of songs from around the world, or upload your own.
Apps developed in Paris, France
- Adopt-a-guy – an online dating site which puts women in the driving seat
- Bla Bla Car – an online marketplace for carpooling. Its website and mobile apps connect drivers and passengers willing to travel together between cities and share the cost of the journey. It is the Largest Car Sharing Service in Europe.
- Deezer – an online music streaming service. It allows users to listen to music content from record labels, including Universal Music Group, Sony Music and Warner Music Group as well as podcasts on various devices online or offline.
- The Fabulous – science-based app to help you manage your life, just like an elite athlete
- Happn – When walking down the street, sitting at a bar, at work, or during a night out… We’ve all had that experience of making eye contact with someone who leaves a lasting impression. A dating app where you can find the people you cross paths with, and seize the opportunity!
- Once – matches every day handpicked by human matchmakers (not algorithms)
Apps developed in Stockholm, Sweden
- Flightradar 24 – a live flight tracker that shows air traffic in real-time from all around the world
- Lifesum – a digital self-care app that helps you reach your health and weight goals through better eating.
- Spotify – a Swedish audio streaming and media services provider, launched in October 2008. The app gives you access to millions of songs.
- Truecaller – a smartphone application that has features of caller-identification, call-blocking, flash-messaging, call-recording, Chat and Voice by using the internet. It requires users to provide a standard cellular mobile number for registering with the service.
Apps developed in Barcelona, Spain
- Omnidrone – bringing together the best and brightest game makers in the world to create unforgettable player experiences. With their most popular game – Titan Brawl
- Social Point – a world-renowned game developer and publisher, specializing in mobile gaming. Founded in October 2008 by Horacio Martos and Andrés Bou, the company specialises in free-to-play mobile and social network games. Their most notable games including Dragon City, Monster Legends, Dragon Land, World Chef, Social Empires and Social Wars.
- Wallapop – a free, mobile virtual flea market and classifieds app
I hope this list has helped you discovered a hot new app or two from the other side of the world.
Thank you Myriad, the technology and innovation festival, for the media pass.