This is the time of the year, to look back and to think of what you’ve done this year, what you loved or didn’t, and what are your successes and downfalls. It’s also time to celebrate thousands of people who created great apps for us. Let’s talk about fashion first because is fun and so essential in a woman’s life! Here is my selection of what I believe to be the 4 best free fashion apps for the year:
Vera Wang on Weddings
Vera Wang On Weddings helps you plan your wedding with her new iPad, iPhone and iPod touch app! This unique resource — recently named Apple’s iPad App of the Week! — includes Vera’s personal style advice, planning expertise, thousands of images and much more. A must-have for all brides! Browse Over 1,000 Images of dresses, cakes, flowers and real weddings.
“I would like a bride to take this app as a suggestion, as an encouragement to find out who she really wants to be and how she wants to get married. And I hope that what I do, with everything I create, makes that job just a little more pleasurable and a little bit easier for the bride.” –Vera Wang
Chicfeed brings together photos from the web’s top style/fashion blogs and puts them on one site which saves you time and puts all your photo view interests in one place! Chicfeed is the iPhone/iPod touch app for the new website chicfeed.com.
Blogs/sites currently included:
- The Sartorialist
- Face Hunter
- Jak and Jill’s Blog
- Cherry Blossom Girl
The Style.com app includes:
- Party Coverage
- Look of the Day
- Videos and fashion shows
Swagg is a community for sneakerheads and streetwear enthusiasts to share their style through photos, engage in Battles and shop the latest gear from the top streetwear brands.
Share shots from your coveted Jordan, LeBron and Air Max sneaker collections. Post your entire ‘fit from your denim to the latest snapback. Then, kick things up a notch by battling other users’ looks for ultimate style supremacy.
- Photo sharing: Take photos or share from your library; add custom photo filters; and tag clothing, sneakers, accessories and products with brand names.
- Shopping: Scoop gear straight from the top streetwear brands directly through the app. You’ll get access to discounts, limited edition products and promos not available elsewhere. Follow your favourite brands like Karmaloop, Flight Club, Staple and more.
- Battles: Engage in a little friendly competition and battle the community! Think you have the best style? Battle your sneakers, denim, snapbacks, and more to see who has the freshest look and claim your spot on the Leaderboard.
- Swaag Styles: Go beyond simply liking a photo and give Swaag instead. Swaag Styles cover categories such as “Sneakerhead,” “Varsity,” “Dapper,” “Good Jeans,” “Beach Bum” and more.
- Get Inspired: Hit the Discover tab and check out the most popular styles in the community. Then search and discover all photos tagged with your favourite brands.