Over 20 million people are using this app! If you haven’t heard yet of Spotify, don’t you worry because it’s not too late to catch up on the latest free music revolution!
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a commercial music streaming service providing DRM-protected content from a range of major and independent record labels, including Sony, EMI,Warner Music Group and Universal. Launched in October 2008 by Swedish startup Spotify AB, the service had approximately ten million users as of 15 September 2010, about 2.5 million of whom were paying members.Total users reached 20 million by December 2012, 5 million of them paying monthly either $4.99 or $9.99. As of February 2013, the service is available in Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Music can be browsed by artist, album, record label, genre or playlist as well as by direct searches. On desktop clients, a link allows the listener to purchase selected material via partner retailers.
• Instant access to millions of songs
• Stream online
• Listen offline – no mobile connection needed
• Share music with your friends
• Star your favourite tracks
• Wirelessly sync your own music to your iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad
• Create and sync playlists
• Send the music you’re enjoying direct to Last.fm & Facebook
– “Spotify is so good” – Mark Zuckerberg – CEO and Founder of Facebook
– “The celestial jukebox is no pipe dream; it’s here now.”- Time
– “Spotify makes music fun again, just like the iPod did nearly 10 years ago.” – Billboard.biz
Photos Credit: Google