What if I tell you about one versatile tablet that you can use as a laptop, detach the screen and then you have a tablet, or switch the screen and you transform it into a tent – great for meetings or presentations! Would you say it’s impossible?
I had the chance to try the Acer Aspire Switch 10 tablet – a 2-in-1 tablet which I fell a bit in love with. This versatile tablet has endless options with touch screen, type and pen! Let’s see in details this creative tablet which is ideal for business and students.
Acer Aspire Switch 10 A Creative And Versatile Tablet
My personal tablet works with a touch screen so I use my fingers to flick pages. Using the pen on Acer tablet was a bit unusual at the beginning but I do love it because the pen is very responsive and on a practical side the screen stays clean! Plus I have the worst handwriting, because I use a keyboard more than a pen – despite my bad handwriting the pen could read it and transform it into clean typing – great to make grocery lists or any list.
One of my favourite features is the light weight of this tablet – perfect to slip it inside your bag or when lying down on the couch.
– The versatility of this tablet is truly amazing. You can easily transform it between a notebook, tablet, tent and display mode.
– The optional extra pen is great to use for writing and drawing, even for the bad ones like mine.
– We all enjoy a tablet that we don’t have to recharge every 4 hours, the Switch 10 has a battery life of up to 8 hours.
– The screen size is big enough for not using your reading glasses because it has a 10.1-inch screen plus an anti-scratch glass.
– This tablet offers a choice of 32GB or 64GB of storage meaning you have plenty of space for movies, music, documents or photos.
– To be able to switch the tablet into a notebook or a tent, the Switch 10 has two magnetic detachable hinges to attach or detach the keyboard to the screen, simple and quick!
– You can work and listen music at the same time with the the dual front facing speakers (surround-sound audio).
– The Switch 10 also comes with Microsoft Windows 8.1 with Bing and Microsoft Office 365 Personal at no additional expense, so you can create and edit Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents virtually everywhere.
What Can You Do With This Tablet?
Let’s see some examples of how you can use the tablet in different situations.
– The Notebook with its keyboard and touchpad is a perfect combination for creating documents or using apps.
– The Pad is ideal for browsing the Internet, viewing movies, playing games or taking notes with the pen.
– The Display is great for showcasing presentations in small meetings, and sharing photos and videos.
– The Tent position offers a hands-free experience while travelling on a plane or train.
I am really impressed with the Acer Switch 10 versatility, and I do believe you will be too. A tablet that will be part of your everyday life.
Pricing and Availability
In Australia, the Acer Aspire Switch 10 series with 32GB of storage + keyboard 500GB is available at OfficeWorks; and the Acer Aspire Switch 10 series with 64GB of storage + keyboard 500GB is at Harvey Norman. Prices start from A$599 for the 32GB model, excluding the optional Acer Active Pen.
In New Zealand, prices start from NZ$699.
I have teamed up with Acer for this article.
Image: Acer & mine.