Huawei has upped the ante on its aggressive push to lure away Apple and Samsung devotees with the release of its stunning new P10.
Available in a 5.2-inch and 5.5-inch (P10+) option, the P10 bills itself as one of the most advanced photography smartphones, thanks to a powerful Leica camera in the front and rear.
With features including studio-like re-lighting and 3D facial detection technology that recognises 190 different facial points, you are able to produce beautiful photography results in any environment, promise its makers.
Huawei also runs its own software called EMUI 5.1 over Android and this brings features such as picture editing tools and also a way to optimise how the device runs.
This is a phone you’ll want to show off too with an array of colour choices, including Pantone Greenery, the official 2017 Pantone Colour of the Year.
No word yet on when the new model will be on sale in Australia this year, or for how much.
But based on the popularity of its predecessor, the P9, Huawei will want to keep the momentum going, say insiders.
“Huawei brought the P9 to the Australian market at the surprisingly affordable price point of $799 outright,” adds Finder.com.au.
“Having launched the Mate 9 at a $999 price point, we’d suggest that the P10 should fit somewhere in that range, presuming that Huawei wants to keep the absolute premium branding for its larger Mate 9 handset.”
Huawei P10 key Portraiture Features:
- 3D Facial Detection An all-new intelligent facial detection system features over 190 detailed identification nodes for accurate recognition for perfect selfies.
- Leica Dual-Camera 2.0: The Leica Dual-Camera 2.0 on the P10 features a 12MP RGB + 20MP monochrome sensor that captures detailed facial features. The 2.0 Pro Edition carries SUMMILUX-H Leica lenses, with a larger F/1.8 aperture to capture more light in low-light situations
- Hybrid Zoom: An additional new feature that allows users to focus in on specific areas of an image while still keeping the sharpness of image quality
- Embedded ISP: The Kirin 960 with embedded ISP enables real-time viewing of depth-of-field changes and facial features.
- Studio-like Portrait Enhancements: The artistic imaging algorithm in the HUAWEI P10 and P10+ is based on the extensive research of various different face shapes and skin colors. By understanding the relative position of each facial feature and the uniqueness of skin type, the portrait enhancements can be applied in a customized and more natural way.
- Dynamic Illumination: HUAWEI P10 and P10+ include an auto-sensing algorithm that tracks environment lighting changes and automatically adjusts the shooting configuration, including the AWB, shutter speed and more
- Front Camera Sensor: All-new front camera sensor that captures more light to improve picture quality in low-light conditions.