The Atari VCS Videogame Computer System will be a full-featured small-factor personal computer that can be paired with video games and streaming applications.
The system is designed to be used in the living room and will support robust modern indie and retro video games. You’ll be able to access Google Workspace, Gmail, Calendar, Slides, Sheets, Docs, and Drive from the dashboard. You can control these with the Atari VCS Companion app or a traditional mouse and keyboard.
You can look forward to playing some of the latest and greatest indie gaming options in the Atari Store, libraries of classic favourites via the Atari Vault, retro games, and Antstream Arcade, In addition, you can access the most popular streaming services for television, movies, music, and cloud gaming.
“The reinvigorated Atari VCS Vault, with its 100 classic games, will deliver hundreds of hours of free gameplay to families who purchase an Atari VCS,” said Michael Arzt, COO of Atari VCS and Connected Devices. “Thanks to the great work by Code Mystics to update and optimize this collection for use with Atari’s all-new Wireless Classic Joystick, both seasoned and new Atari fans can enjoy these all-time classics in fun new ways.“
The retro-inspired joystick includes new functions such as a rotating centre stick for paddle and steering games, rumble and LED lighting effects, and convenient USB connectivity.
“The Atari VCS team is thrilled to deliver all of the leading cloud gaming services to our users at one time and in one place,” said Michael Arzt, Atari COO of Atari VCS and Connected Devices. “Many fans have been accessing these services on their own and asking for direct links for some time now. We actively strive to satisfy their various requests and will continue to add more exciting new features as we keep moving the VCS platform forward.”
Atari VCS System Specifications:
- Operating System: Atari Custom Linux OS (Linux Kernel)
- APU: AMD Raven Ridge 2
- GPU: AMD Ryzen
- Storage: 32GB eMMC fixed internally; internal M.2 SSD slot; unlimited external USB HD/stick; cloud (subscription required)
- RAM*: 8GB DDR4 RAM (upgradable)
- Compatible Systems: Linux, Windows, Steam OS, Chrome OS
- Wireless Connections: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4/5GHz, Bluetooth 4.0
- Wired Connections: HDMI 2.0, Gigabit Ethernet, 4x USB 3.1
- USB Ports: 2x front, 2x rear
- External Inputs: Classic Joystick, Modern Controller, Microphone, Others TBD
- Mouse and Keyboard support: Yes, USB or Bluetooth
- 4K Video with HDCP 2.2 integration
- Dimensions: 11.6″ x 5.9″ x 1.9″ (Approx.)
- Weight: 3 lbs. (Approx.)
- Materials: Plastic, Metal
About Atari VCS
Atari is an interactive entertainment company and an iconic gaming industry brand that transcends generations and audiences. The company is globally recognized for its multi-platform, interactive entertainment and licensed products. Atari owns and/or manages a portfolio of more than 200 unique games and franchises, including world-renowned brands like Asteroids, Centipede, Missile Command, Pong, and RollerCoaster Tycoon.
For Australia purchasing: https://bluemouthdirect.com/pages/atarivcs