Do you take up way too much time sorting through your email? Does dealing with your email inbox give you mild-to-substantial angst?
Ever dreamed of reading all your email without opening a single message? With advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), this is, in fact, possible now. Enter Courier, an iOS app developed by a bunch of software engineers, designers and linguistics scientists at the company Codeq, LLC. So if you use an Apple device and the thought of facing your email inbox gives you nightmares, Courier might just be the answer to your prayers!
Formed in 2014, Codeq, LLC aimed to “look at digital content by harnessing powerful computing algorithms.” With Courier, they’ve gone one step further – it essentially saves you time with an automated summarization technology that processes your messages and highlights the most relevant information, making email less of a hassle.
Some of the app’s highlights include:
- Summarising your emails to show you the most relevant parts.
- Emojifying your email categories so that your emails are easier to sort.
- Task detection: Prioritise emails in which someone has asked you to do something.
- Make highlighted information like flight times and purchases easy to find.
- Threaded summaries to make catching up on an email chain quicker.
Now, if the idea of a machine/bot reading through your emails and sorting through it freaks you out, well, that’s understandable. But unlike Russian bots rigging an entire country’s elections and wreaking political havoc everywhere, Courier is an example of how AI and ML can be used for good.
The Courier app is available on the App Store.