It took me a very long time to play a game on my iPhone or iPad – firstly I used to say “I don’t have time to play games!” and secondly I thought either way there are games for the kids or the ultra violent games for the boys – but not for the female market. Ignorant I was!
If you are like me, who sometimes need to escape the real world, playing a game will relax you without killing people! See here my iPad handpicked games, enjoy beautiful graphics, peaceful narrative experience where the only objective is to satisfy your curiosity!
Tip: Play a game during a rainy Sunday afternoon in a comfortable couch and headphones.
Sword & Sworcery EP is an exploratory action adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style. Traverse a mythic little realm, use a sword to do battle & evoke sworcery to solve mystical musical mysteries. Co-operate with friends via Twitter, experience a videogame world that is affected by moon phases & help a wandering warrior monk complete her woeful errand.
– Through this gorgeous environment weaves a clever, charming and puzzling adventure. Lumi’s grandfather, the caretaker of Lumino City, has been kidnapped. To find him, you must explore the city and figure out the fascinating mechanisms that power this unique world.
– Winner of numerous international awards, including the BAFTA for Artistic Achievement alongside nominations for Innovation and Best British Game, Lumino City now finds its home on the App Store as the perfect tactile experience for iPhone and iPad.
Lumino City has an estimated 8 – 10 hours of gameplay.
Leo’s Fortune is a platform adventure game where you hunt down the cunning and mysterious thief that stole your gold. Beautifully hand-crafted levels bring the story of Leo to life in this epic adventure. Apple Design Award winner!
Agent A, your new mission has just arrived from headquarters. As usual destroy this transmission once received. This mission is of the utmost importance so get to it effective immediately.
– Ruby La Rouge. Known enemy spy and perilous predator has been targeting our secret agents. Your mission is to find and capture this vindictive vixen. She’s been on our radar for some time now, however intel revealing her motivations is unclear.
– We need you to follow Ruby, then locate and infiltrate her secret lair. Once inside it is imperative that you uncover her plans.
– Oh and agent… do be careful. Miss La Rouge has a taste for dismissing agents such as yourself.
Explore an ocean dream world, in which time passes even when you are not there, visit forgotten islands and piece together memories – some even existing beyond the screen of your device.
– “The Sailor’s Dream is a novella, a folk EP, and an art installation wrapped into one app … It’s an inspired example of what storytelling can be in the 21st century and the way modern technology can shine new light on well-worn conventions.” – A.V. Club
– “Its lonely, bittersweet tale—told in a wonderfully unique mix of approaches—is the best storytelling I’ve ever played on my iPad.” – Kotaku
– “It’s an experience that’s entirely about the narrative, but one uniquely built for smartphones and tablets. The peaceful visuals, the wonderful music, the sharp writing, and the simple interactive toys all go towards creating an atmosphere and telling a story.” – The Verge
150 cities to explore. Detailed research and techno-fantasy combine in an 1872 of tensions, inventions and exploration. Climb the Burmese mountains, trek the Zulu Federation, sail up the Amazon and disappear under the Indian Ocean – but don’t fall behind the time!
Do you know any beautiful games? Please, share it in the comments.