It took me a very long time to play a game on my iPhone or iPad – firstly I used to say “I don’t have time to play games!” and secondly I thought either way there are games for the kids or the ultra violent games for the boys – but not for the female market. Ignorant I was!
If you are like me, who sometimes need to escape the real world, playing a game will relax you without killing people! See here my iPad handpicked games, enjoy beautiful graphics, peaceful narrative experience where the only objective is to satisfy your curiosity!
Tip: Play a game during a rainy Sunday afternoon in a comfortable couch and headphones.
Breath Of Light – $7.99 – Apple
Breath of Light is a meditative and beautiful puzzle game.
- Inspired by modern minimalism combined with a range of meditative art styles, from Zen Gardening to Sumi inks and Indian Buddhist art.
- Easy to use, flowing and set to a gorgeous and serene soundscape by Winterpark. Best played with headphones.
- Players guide energy by moving rocks around the mystic garden, setting them in place and watching the energy settle into its new flow.
- Monument Valley you will manipulate impossible architecture and guide a silent princess through a stunningly beautiful world.
Monument Valley – $5.99 – Apple
Monument Valley is a surreal exploration through fantastical architecture and impossible geometry. Guide the silent princess Ida through mysterious monuments and uncovering hidden paths.
- Inspired by minimalist 3D design, optical illusions and palaces and temples from around the world, every monument is a unique, hand-crafted world to explore.
- Twist and drag to reshape the world and help Ida to explore. Designed to be easy for everyone to pick up, enjoy and complete.
- Audio reacts to your manipulation of the world to provide a surreal and beautiful soundscape. Best experienced with headphones.
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP – $7.99 – Apple
This is one of my favourite game with over 2000 reviews!
Sword & Sworcery EP is an exploratory action adventure with an emphasis on audiovisual style. Traverse a mythic little realm, use a sword to do battle & evoke sworcery to solve mystical musical mysteries. Co-operate with friends via Twitter, experience a videogame world that is affected by moon phases & help a wandering warrior monk complete her woeful errand.
Tengami – $7.99 – Apple
- Tengami is an atmospheric adventure game set inside a Japanese pop-up book. Fold and slide the beautifully crafted paper world to solve puzzles and discover secrets.
- Go on a serene journey through Japan of ancient fairy tales brought to life through striking visuals, unique gameplay and haunting music. Experience dark forests, abandoned shrines and tranquil mountain waterfalls as you seek to uncover the secret behind the lone dying cherry tree.
- Not a book, but a game inside a pop-up book. Tengami plays like nothing else before it. Reach directly into the world to flip, fold and slide parts of the world to delve deeper into your mysterious journey.
- Use of headphones is recommended for the most immersive experience.
Lumino City – $7.99 – Apple
Lumino City is a wonderful puzzle adventure crafted entirely by hand out of paper, card, miniature lights, and motors.
– Through this gorgeous environment weaves a clever, charming and puzzling adventure. Lumi’s grandfather, the caretaker of Lumino City, has been kidnapped. To find him, you must explore the city and figure out the fascinating mechanisms that power this unique world.
– Winner of numerous international awards, including the BAFTA for Artistic Achievement alongside nominations for Innovation and Best British Game, Lumino City now finds its home on the App Store as the perfect tactile experience for iPhone and iPad.
Lumino City has an estimated 8 – 10 hours of gameplay.
Leo’s Fortune – $7.99 – Apple
Leo’s Fortune is a platform adventure game where you hunt down the cunning and mysterious thief that stole your gold. Beautifully hand-crafted levels bring the story of Leo to life in this epic adventure. Apple Design Award winner!
- VOYAGE through lush environments from mossy forests and arid deserts, to pirate cities and snowy mountains.
- SURVIVE vicious traps and solve physics-based puzzles through 24 levels of treacherous adventure.
- FOLLOW the trail of gold and uncover the truth behind Leo’s stolen fortune.
Agent A: A puzzle in disguise – $4.49 – Apple
Number 1 puzzle & adventure game in 21 countries.
Agent A, your new mission has just arrived from headquarters. As usual destroy this transmission once received. This mission is of the utmost importance so get to it effective immediately.
– Ruby La Rouge. Known enemy spy and perilous predator has been targeting our secret agents. Your mission is to find and capture this vindictive vixen. She’s been on our radar for some time now, however intel revealing her motivations is unclear.
– We need you to follow Ruby, then locate and infiltrate her secret lair. Once inside it is imperative that you uncover her plans.
– Oh and agent… do be careful. Miss La Rouge has a taste for dismissing agents such as yourself.
The Sailor’s Dream – $5.99 – Apple
A peaceful narrative experience, in which the only objective is to satisfy your curiosity.
Explore an ocean dream world, in which time passes even when you are not there, visit forgotten islands and piece together memories – some even existing beyond the screen of your device.
– “The Sailor’s Dream is a novella, a folk EP, and an art installation wrapped into one app … It’s an inspired example of what storytelling can be in the 21st century and the way modern technology can shine new light on well-worn conventions.” – A.V. Club
– “Its lonely, bittersweet tale—told in a wonderfully unique mix of approaches—is the best storytelling I’ve ever played on my iPad.” – Kotaku
– “It’s an experience that’s entirely about the narrative, but one uniquely built for smartphones and tablets. The peaceful visuals, the wonderful music, the sharp writing, and the simple interactive toys all go towards creating an atmosphere and telling a story.” – The Verge
80 Days – $7.99 – Apple
Choose your own route around a 3D globe, travelling by airship, submarine, mechanical camel, steam-train and more, racing other players and a clock that never stops.
150 cities to explore. Detailed research and techno-fantasy combine in an 1872 of tensions, inventions and exploration. Climb the Burmese mountains, trek the Zulu Federation, sail up the Amazon and disappear under the Indian Ocean – but don’t fall behind the time!
- 80 DAYS is a breakneck race, with an in-game clock that never stops running. Trains, steamers, hot-air balloons, boats, camels, horses and more leave and arrive minute by minute.
- Every city and journey is narrated via an interactive story where you control every action. Will your choices speed you up – or lead you into disaster? Will you earn Fogg’s trust and respect? Will you uncover the secrets and short-cuts that can shave days off your time? Murder, romance, rebellion and intrigue await!
- The app is network-connected, with a live feed that shows you the position of all the other players of the game, their routes, triumphs and disasters. You can race to be the fastest – or look ahead to learn the secrets of the world
Do you know any beautiful games? Please, share it in the comments.