OpenTable has landed in Australia and is set to transform the dining experience, helping diners find and book the perfect restaurant every time they dine out.
OpenTable Free App Has Landed In Australia
Whether you’re looking for a café, neighbourhood bistro or hatted restaurant OpenTable’s new app is your go-to app; enabling users to view, book and review a wide array of restaurants.
A taste of our journey so far:
- OpenTable was founded in 1998 by Chuck Templeton, a former marketer who observed the difficulty his wife faced while trying to book a dinner reservation by phone.
- OpenTable is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations.
- OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco, California and is led by CEO Christa Quarles.
- In July 2014, OpenTable was acquired by The Priceline Group which trades on the NASDAQ under the symbol “PCLN.”
- In September 2015, The Priceline Group announced the acquisition of AS Digital, a leading provider of restaurant table and reservation management solutions. With over 2,500 partners worldwide, AS Digital will expand OpenTable’s global footprint in the digital restaurant reservation booking business.
- In addition to Australia, OpenTable has a presence in Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Global stats on a plate:
- More than 33,000 restaurants around the globe are customers of OpenTable.
- Since its inception, OpenTable has seated more than 940 million diners, representing approximately
- $37 billion (A$51 billion) spent at partner restaurants.
- Since 2008, the OpenTable Reviews program has generated more than 36 million reviews by verified diners. OpenTable diners contribute more than 480,000 restaurant reviews each month.
- OpenTable seats more than 17 million diners each month.
- OpenTable has seated more than 275 million diners worldwide through its mobile solutions, representing more than $11 billion (A$15 billion) in revenue for OpenTable restaurant customers.
- OpenTable has nearly 600 partners that help drive seated diners each month, including global brands such as Google, Facebook, and Yahoo!
More About OPenTable
・OpenTable Is Secretly the Best Thing on the Internet (Gizmodo)
・World’s Greatest Apps (Business Insider)
・100 Best iPhone Apps of All Time All Time (Mashable)
・Best Restaurant Dining Apps (People Magazine)
・Best Free iPhone Apps (PC Magazine)
Have something to add to this story? Please share it in the comments.