Parallels Desktop 11 For Mac with Windows 10 integration is now available. The release includes a new version of the software for developers, designers and power users, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition. It also includes Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition, previously known as the Enterprise Edition.
Parallels Desktop 11 empowers Mac users to run Windows 10 and leverage the advantages of Microsoft’s intelligent personal assistant, Cortana, when using both Windows and OS X.
New Parallels Desktop 11 ease-of-use benefits include improved performance and battery life with the use of Travel Mode, which can easily be activated to optimise performance. When users are on the go and not connected to power, Parallels Desktop Travel Mode will automatically extend battery life by up to 25 per cent by temporarily shutting off resources that drain power.
Performance Improvements Include:
- Windows launch and shutdown are up to 50 per cent faster
- File operations inside of Windows are improved by up to 20 per cent
- Virtual machine suspension is up to 20 per cent faster
- Travel Mode can increase battery life up to 25 per cent
- Improved network performance
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition
Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition (www.parallels.com/desktop) is a new version of the software specifically designed for developers, designers and power users, giving them the powerful tools they need for maximum productivity. The Pro Edition supports integration with popular developer tools including Docker, Visual Studio (plug-in), Chef and Jenkins, Vagrant, Guest OS debugging and network simulation. Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac Pro Edition empowers users to run preview Windows machines and use nested virtualisation for both Windows and Linux guests, making it the perfect tool for developers, power users and testers who need a variety of virtual machine environments, including simulation of more complex deployments.
Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition
Previously known as Parallels Desktop for Mac Enterprise Edition, Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition (www.parallels.com/business) includes all Pro Edition features, offering IT admins the most efficient means to enable their employees with Macs to run Windows applications.
The Business Edition builds upon Parallels Desktop’s award-winning solution by adding administrative features that enable IT departments to control and manage end-user virtual machines as well as manage and administer licenses via the new Parallels License Management Portal. This exclusive feature provides IT administrators with vital information, such as license expirations, usage statistics, and real-time visibility into licensing activities, to easily manage all of their deployed licenses. Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition also supports business cloud services including Box, Dropbox for Business and OneDrive® Business.
What To Expect?
– Cortana enables customers to use Microsoft’s virtual assistant with Mac applications, even when Windows 10 is not the forefront application.
– Travel Mode extends the battery life by up to 25 per cent by temporarily shutting off select resources that drain power.
– Quick Look for Windows extends this cool Mac convenience to Windows documents and files
– New Force Touch gesture support enables a quick preview of files with Quick Look or the ability to look up the definition of an unknown word.
– Improved Mac Window Controls include a new Coherence mode button.
The most recently used files list now can be viewed on the Mac regardless of where those files are stored: on the Mac, in a virtual machine, in the cloud or on a file server.
– New easy printing with all Mac printer options support saves time with an intuitive solution for OS X users
– “New Item” support for the creation of new files in Windows apps including Microsoft Outlook®, Excel® and Word
– Now users can easily cancel time-consuming virtual machine actions
– Mac location services are now available to Windows applications
– Automatic synchronisation of the volume setting of a virtual machine with that of the Mac
– Enhanced file associations with smart notification messaging help change file association in OS X
– Improvements in the setup and use of a virtual machine to directly access a Boot Camp® Windows partition—without rebooting
– Improved Japanese keyboard—specific to the Japanese language edition only
Availability And Pricing
Softwares are available at www.parallels.com/desktop and at the following retailers; Apple Retail & Online Store; JB Hi-Fi, Harvey Norman, Domayne, Next Byte, Computers Now, Mac1 and leading computer stores.
The recommended retail price (RRP) of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac is AU$99.95. Upgrades for existing Parallels Desktop 9 or 10 for Mac customers are AUD$64.95 with an introductory offer to upgrade to a Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition subscription for $49.99 per year.
For more information, visit: https://www.parallels.com/au/