If you are a sportsperson who likes running, cycling, swimming and all the betweens, don’t look further I’ve found and tested the gadget for you! Switch Up is the perfect gadget for people who love the outdoors. Switch Up for Magellan is a crosswatch suitable for various sports with the ability to go from your wrist to a bike mount for multi-sport use.
About Switch Up
Find out more about Switch Up:
- Switch tracks your position precisely with GPS satellite data and records time, distance, speed/pace, elevation and more. High-sensitivity GPS allows Switch to acquire satellites quickly and track movement in many tough environments – near tall buildings, on mountainous terrain or under heavy tree cover. By using ANT+TM wireless technology, the Switch easily connects to a Magellan heart rate monitor or any ANT+ compatible heart rate monitor, foot pod, bike speed/cadence sensor and power meter.
- Boasting a high-resolution display, Switch provides superior readability in varying light conditions – especially bright light. With 8 hours of battery life from a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, Switch has enough gas in the tank to capture most activities. And for endurance athletes, Magellan offers an optional Battery Extender Pack that provides 16 hours of additional battery life, for a total of 24 hours.
- Switch is water-resistant to 50 metres, so it can be worn for an extended period in water to track swimming activities and other high-intensity water and snow activities. The slim design and flexible wristband mean Switch can be used in a variety of conditions.
- Switch breaks away from the pack by introducing a new training concept for GPS watches – Activity Pacer. Once a desired distance, time and speed/pace have been set, Activity Pacer not only shows the targeted progress but more importantly, provides specific targets to attain or maintain the original goal.
- Additionally, Switch includes fitness and training features such as customisable activity screens with over 80 data fields to choose from, 9 activity profiles to save device configurations based on activity type, auto lap, auto pause, backtrack navigation, marking locations, activity history, and more.
Switch Up Features
- Fitness Data: High-sensitivity GPS receiver tracks your position precisely so you can record time, distance, speed/pace, elevation, calories and more.
- High-Resolution Display: A 1.26″ monochrome high-resolution display with a black background. It shows white characters to allow for superior readability in varying light conditions — especially bright light. A backlight may be turned on for darker conditions.
- 50 Metre water resistance: At 50 metre water resistance, you can wear it for an extended period in water to track swimming activities and other high-intensity water activities – including kayaking and skiing.
- Wireless Sensor Compatibility: Embedded ANT+ technology receives data from Magellan and any third-party ANT+ sensor, including heart rate monitors, foot pods, bike speed/cadence sensors and power meters.
- Activity Pacer: Set your desired distance, time, and speed/pace, and Activity Pacer will not only show if you’re on target throughout the activity, but it will instruct you with specific targets to attain your original goal.
- Multisport Mode: Record multisport activities as one workout and log transition time in the process, providing triathletes with a complete picture of their race from start to finish.
- 60 Hours Activity History: Stores up to 60 hours of activity history with one-second recording.
- 9 Activity Profiles: Create up to 9 activity profiles for different sports (run, bike, swim or other) or even different uses for the same activity (training, racing, terrain, equipment, etc.). Each activity profile allows you to customise a collection of configurable settings – like data fields, settings, alerts and more).
- Locations and Navigation: Mark locations, save locations or navigate back to the starting point with the basic navigation capabilities.
- Calorie Calculation: Accurate calorie calculation based on the following measurements — time, speed, distance, heart rate and power and personal information — age, gender, height, weight, resting heart rate and max heart rate.
- USB Charging/Data Transfer: Charge and transfer data from your watch with a low-profile USB charging dock that magnetically locks onto the back of the watch.
- Web Applications: Upload data to Magellan Active or directly to other leading fitness websites — TrainingPeaks, MapMyFitness, Strava and more — to view your activities on maps and get an in-depth analysis of your workouts.
How to Buy
You can purchase one with a retail price of $149 at the Magellan website.
Featured Image: Running Magazine