The Zero Fasting app is a simple concept executed well and all you need to get started with intermittent fasting.
After you have created an account, you can then select the type of fast you’d like to try. These fasting options include:
- Circadian rhythm – 13 hours – This fast starts at sunset and lasts until the morning. It is based on the research of scientist Dr Stachin Panda and emulates the body’s natural clock.
- 16:8 intermittent fast – 16 hours – A popular 16 hour fast with an 8-hour feeding window. This style was popularized by Hugh Jackman and Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson. Most people like to skip breakfast, but other people find it more convenient to skip dinner – it’ll depend on your lifestyle.
- 18:6 intermittent fast – The longer fasting window helps the liver get rid of more glycogen, the body will begin to use ketones for fuel, and autophagy will kick in to rid the body of damaged cells.
- 20:4 intermittent fast – 29 hours – A popular 20 hour fast with a 4-hour feeding window. It is called OMAD (one meal a day), often just dinner. The Zero’s developer recommends working up to this level as it’s been beneficial for weight loss, ketone production, moderate autophagy and mental sharpness.
- 36 hour fast – sometimes called a monk’s fast. It is often started on a Sunday evening and finishing on a Tuesday morning. This is a challenging fast that promotes powerful cellular cleansing benefits and may help to reset the metabolism. Zero recommends you only do this type of fast once a week.
- Custom fast with up to a maximum of up to 5 days.
The first tab is your timer. When you are fasting it will show the percentage of time remaining until you can eat, how many other people are fasting at the same time as you (so you know you’re not alone), the time you started your fast and the time when you can end it.
For each fast, there is a logging summary. This screen includes your progress towards your end goal, you can share it with your friends on social media. Here you can add a feeling emoji with a text box.
The history tab shows the number of completed fasts, your longest fast and other useful facts. The Journey tabs keeps a record of all of your fasts.
The Learn tabs contain articles, research studies, and videos with experts like Dr Phona Patrick and Dr Peter Attia.
The Zero Fasting app is easy to use and keeps a handy log of your fasts.
The Zero app is available on Apple and Android.
About the Zero App
Welcome to the world’s largest fasting community on iOS and Android. We’re helping people around the world harness the power of fasting to live healthier and longer lives. https://www.zerofasting.com/