Founded by Australian actor Chris Hemsworth, the Centr app and website provides a holistic health program with a personalized training planner with over 1000 workouts, a daily meal plan and articles.
The Centr website is pretty impressive – it lays out the week in an easy-to-follow format, where you can see a day at a time. Your workout is at the top, then some suggested meditation or relaxation activities, followed by recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You can bring up more options by clicking on the hamburger menu in the top right-hand corner. Here you’ll find more information and settings.
You can select your workout as either coached or self-guided. You just tick the box when you’ve completed a part of the day and it turns green. You can filter your workouts by target area, equipment, and style.
I was sore for a few days after my first workout functional fitness workout with Da Rulk. After I recovered, I tried Michael’s beginner’s boxing and jump rope workout. Each fitness routine has a warm-up, workout and then cool-down. The filming was first class and the instructions are clear.
Train with people like:
- Luke Zocchi – HIIT, HIRT, strength, resistance training
- Joseph Sakoda aka Da Rulk – functional training
- Ashley Joi – Cardio (HIIT), strength
- Bobby Holland Hanton – plyometric sessions, HIIT/HIRT
- Torre Washington – weights
- Sylvia Roberts – Pilates
- Michael Olajide – boxing, jump rope, bands
- Tiffiny Hall – HIIT and HIRT, MMA
- Jorge Blanco aka The Spaniard – Boxing combos and drills, MMA
- Tahl Rinsky – vinyasa yoga
- Dr Eric Goodman – Foundation Training
- Gunnar Peterson
Centr Fitness Programs
You can join a workout program to suit your fitness goals. These include:
- Centr Fusion – 6 weeks to challenge your body and calm your mind
- Centr Masterclass with Da Rulk – 13 sessions to master the fundamentals of functional training
- Centr 6: Phase 2 – 6 weeks for strength and cardio fitness
- Centr Unleashed – 6-week bodyweight workout program – versions for beginners, intermediate and advanced
- Centr 6 – 6 week back to basics
The recipes are divided into breakfast, lunch and dinner. While the snack recipes are divided into pre-workout, post-workout, every day and treats. There are over 600 recipes, which have been created by dieticians and chefs like Dan Churchill, Darren Robertson, Luke Zocchi, Palisa Anderson, Sergio Perera and Simon Hill. There are options for all dietary preferences from no limitations to dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
If you’re following the suggested meal plan to the tee, then you can select your days and serves to create a custom shopping list. If you don’t like the suggested meal, then you can swap the recipe to something else, swap to leftovers or swap to going out. You can save your favourites by click on the bookmark.
Centr Time to Breathe
There are over 100 meditations and sleep visualizations, including kid’s meditations narrated by Chris Hemsworth and Taika Waititi. Who doesn’t want to drift off to sleep dreaming about Thor?
Centr is a solid online fitness and health, which might be a little more expensive than some of the other fitness apps out there but it’s packed with world-class trainers and extra features.
Chris Hemsworth is alright. But let’s be honest, it’s his team that’s doing all the work. With the purpose of making health and fitness accessible to all, Centr delivers an incredible personalized experience tailored specifically to your goals. Start your free 7-day trial today and let Chris’s team of experts help you crush your goals.
Centr is available on iOS, Android and web.
Learn more at the Centr webiste: centr.com/join-us.