The world’s most advanced mobile operating system is available as a free update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch users. iOS 9 makes iOS devices more intelligent and proactive with powerful search and improved Siri features, all while protecting users’ privacy. This update will be available on Wednesday 15 September.
See Why You Should Get iOS 9 Update For Your iPhone
The way you interact with iPad gets even better with iOS 9, thanks to new multitasking features that let users view and interact with two apps at once, side by side.
- With Picture-in-Picture, users can play video while browsing the web, composing email or using other apps.
- Built-in apps become more powerful with a redesigned Notes app offering new ways to capture ideas, detailed transit information in Maps, and an all-new News app for the best news reading experience on any mobile device.
“iOS 9 is packed with intelligence that makes every experience with iPhone and iPad even more powerful — Siri can do more than ever and new proactive assistance helps you get more done before you ask, all while protecting users’ privacy,” said Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of Software Engineering. “With iOS 9 we focused on strengthening the foundation of iOS with a deep focus on quality, and with the help of more than one million users who participated in our first ever public beta program, we’re excited to release the best version of iOS yet.”
In iOS 9, every experience with iPhone gets even better, with new intelligence that works behind the scenes to present the right information at the right time. Proactive assistance presents the most relevant information at a given time of day and suggests actions at that particular moment based on the apps you use frequently and the time of day you use them. Siri features an all-new design, contextual reminders based on time and location, and new ways to search photos and videos.
- Slide Over lets you simultaneously work in a second app without leaving the one you’re in and easily switch between your apps.
- Split View allows you to view and interact with two apps at the same time, side by side, and resize your view to prioritize one app over another.
- Picture-in-Picture lets you continue a video or FaceTime® call while using your favorite apps.
- Typing is faster and easier with an all-new Shortcut Bar that displays convenient editing tools, and new Multi-Touch gestures make it even easier to select, edit and move text.
- The completely redesigned Notes app includes the ability to draw a quick sketch using your finger, easily create checklists to keep track of your to-dos or snap a photo directly in a note.
- Maps adds support for metropolitan transit systems and schedules, and subway station entrances and exits are precisely mapped.
- News delivers a reading experience that combines the rich, immersive design of a print magazine with the interactivity of digital media.
- Apple Pay adds support for Discover, merchant rewards programs and participating store-issued credit and debit cards.
Source & Images: Apple
Have something to add to this story? Please share it in the comments.