It’s always fun to find out who was the most popular artist of the year and discover more about the music trends. The snapshot from Spotify is now out. Here we take a look back to determine the music and audio trends that defined the year.
What music did Aussies tune into in 2018?
- 2018 saw Aussies love of country music sky rocket them to third place, just behind the US and Canada.
- 2018 is arguably the year of urban music, with rap and hip hop taking out top honours on Spotify’s 2018 top lists.
- Drake dominated this year taking out top artist and most streamed track of 2018 with God’s Plan.
- 2018 was a cracker for home grown legends 5SOS with their single Youngblood taking out the number two spot on Aussie’s top streamed tracks, coming in behind Drake, God’s Plan.
- If Aussies heard their parents constantly blasting Fleetwood Mac this year they’re not alone, with Dream coming in as the most streamed song for 55+ year old’s.
- While we may think we’re a nation of early rises, the Morning Motivation playlist was the third most streamed across the country proving sometimes we all need a helping hand to kickstart the day! Number one and two were Hot Hits Australia and Today’s Top Hits.
- Drake reclaims his title as top streamed artist of 2018, taking the crown from Ed Sheeran who took out top spot in 2014, 2015 and 2017. The 6God broke the London busker’s streak in 2016 with the release of his album Views.