Squarespace, the design-driven platform helping entrepreneurs build brands and businesses online, has recently launched Courses, a new way for Australian entrepreneurs to turn their knowledge and expertise into income.
Courses enables Aussie businesses that sell physical products and services to reach new customers by turning their know-how into passive income. From chefs selling online cooking lessons, to wellness instructors creating meditation videos and photographers teaching the basics of photography, this latest offering will enable small to midsize business owners to scale and build their own personal brand.
Squarespace Courses enables the majority of Australian businesses that sell physical products and services to reach a new wave of customers by turning their know-how into passive income. From chefs selling online cooking lessons, to wellness instructors creating meditation videos and photographers teaching the basics of photography, this latest offering will enable small to midsize business owners to scale and build their own personal brand.
We spoke with Alex Neilson, Squarespace Senior Marketing Manager ANZ, to find out more.
How easy is it to use?
Our new Courses product is part of Squarespace’s all-in-one platform, offering all the tools needed to help entrepreneurs build brands and sell online. With Courses, customers can easily monetise their expertise and knowledge through design-forward, easy-to-use multimedia online courses that include videos, sequential lessons, chapters, and progress tracking.
Here are the key features:
- Design, promote, and sell professional multimedia courses with stunning layouts and features for uploading and hosting videos and supplementary content.
- Have the flexibility to sell courses individually, bundled together, or as part of a package with other content like memberships or videos.
- Create content, accept payments, monitor analytics, and leverage marketing tools all in one place with Squarespace.
How big is the market for videos? Any case histories that have worked or is it too early?
We noticed that many customers had been leveraging our Members Area product, which we launched in 2020, to paywall their video content and piece together their own version of courses. This inspired the team to create a product that would make this process more seamless and efficient for our customers. As we’ve only just launched Courses- we don’t have any case studies to share just yet- but stay tuned, as we’ll have some exciting customer case studies to share in the coming weeks!
How to get started:
- To get started, all you need to do is follow these instructions.
- Selling courses requires a Squarespace Business plan (which starts at $25 AUD/month when paid annually), or a Squarespace Personal plan ($16 AUD/month) plus the Digital Products add-on ($14 AUD/month).
- The Digital Products add-on can be attached to any website plan to unlock lower transaction fees and additional video storage space. More information can be found here.