Look out Samsung, Google, and Apple – there’s a new smartwatch-maker in town! Michael Kors (known to most of us as the former judge on Project Runway, celebrity fashion designer, and often Blake Lively’s go-to designer) is jumping on to the smartwatch bandwagon by bringing back the iconic Runway watch as an innovative smartwatch – a very modern and tech-heavy addition to the popular Michael Kors Access collection.
Like most other smartwatches, the Runway smartwatch offers a new highly personalized experience –
- Heart-rate tracking: You can automatically track your heart rate for various types of workouts, using Google Fit or other third-party apps.
- Waterproof functionality: Feel free to shower and swim (up to 3 ATM) with this smartwatch on, and also track swim workouts through third-party apps.
- Payment technology: You can make purchases via this NFC-enabled smartwatch using Google Pay.
- Untethered GPS: No more hassles of carrying your phone when you go for a run! You can just leave your phone at home when you go for a walk, hike, ride, or run – the Runway smartwatch’s built-in GPS will record the distance for you.
- Google Assistant on your wrist: Ask Google Assistant to help you manage daily tasks, set reminders, and get answers on the go, among other things.
Powered with Google’s Wear OS and the Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC, this new touchscreen smartwatch is compatible with both iPhone and Android phones.
Besides the classic stainless steel styles, the new watches also include the silicone-strap styles, which are perfect if you want a smartwatch that transitions from a workout to a night out, with ease.
There are also new digital dial designs that visually show your heart rate, making it easy for you to measure and track it. And since this is 2018 and everything is about being social-media friendly, you can also update to the ‘My Social’ app (essentially, showcase your Facebook and Instagram photos right on your watch dial) and customize your social photo dials with Michael Kors-themed stickers.
The Michael Kors Access Runway Fall 2018 Collection is now available in Michael Kors stores, online at www.michaelkors.com and from selected retailers worldwide.