I’ve been following the Tone it Up women Katrina and Karen for over 7 years now. There is something infectious about their positive and encouraging attitudes, and their workouts are always on-trend.
The business partners met at a gym and became best friends. They started their business with a website full of fitness articles and programs. It later expanded to a popular fitness app.
This is our Tone It Up review – an app and website for fitness and workout series helping you get your healthy lifestyle back on track!
This year the Tone It Up app has a couple of different programs you might like to follow: Summer Tone It Up (8 weeks), Beach Babe (4 weeks), Love Your Body 2020 (4 weeks), Toned Body, Toned Min (4 weeks), 14 Day Slay, Tone It Up Pregnancy (36 weeks), Tone It Up Strength (6 weeks), and Tone It Up Mama (12 weeks). For each program, you can select your reminder settings.
In addition, the Tone It Up app has a workout section. This includes on-demand (at home) works, summer Tone It Up recovery, Tone body, chill vibes, energy boost, focused and driven, abs, meditation, booty and legs, yoga, beginner workouts, HIIT, arms, barre, kettlebell, stretching and foam rolling, kickboxing, cardio, booty band workouts, pregnancy and postnatal, tending, live, weekly schedule and travel friendly.
The nutrition section is devoted to recipes, meal plans and healthy eating guides. There is also an online shop (think protein powder and bars). To be honest, I’ve had mixed results with the recipes and their protein powder is hard to find locally, so I have had to make some substitutes.
The recipes are divided into Summer Tone It Up, Smoothies, Protein Packed Muffins, hearty breakfast, healthy salads, delicious dinners, wraps and rolls, easy tray bake meals, tasty treats, simple snacks, shots and sips and prenatal recipes.
Your Profile is where you can change your preferences, view your recent activity and see your favourite workouts. You can connect with the Tone It Up Community here. The interests you can select are Bride-to-be, boss babe, travelist, foodie, stellar student, super mom, athlete, gym lover, mindful meditator, home gym hunnie, mama-to-be, and workout newbie.
You can also specify your workout preferences: running, yoga and Pilates, barre, dance, cardio, kickboxing, strength training, HIIT, kettlebells, cycling, toning and Tabata.
- Doable exercises – usually with two instructors, suitable movement modifications for various levels of fitness
- Easy-to-understand exercise programs
- Lots of different workout types to suit different preferences
- Ideal for non-gym goers and at-home workouts
- The majority of videos don’t require too much expensive equipment – think dumbbells, exercise bands, and a yoga mat.
- The time difference means you are always one day ahead of the schedule and usually can’t catch the live sessions (in America). It can be a bit confusing when the Summer series is held in Winter (and you’re not thinking about the beach).
- I didn’t like the mummy-themed workouts until I figured out, I could change my preferences
- Mountain climbers, planks and push-ups suck.
- The recipes can be hit-and-miss for a beginner cook
- Sorry, there are hardly any guys… but that’s why I go to the gym….
The Tone It Up app is worth trialling and adding to your shortlist of fitness apps and websites. Highly recommended. To find out more or join, view the Tone It Up website.