It’s never been easier to find the dream job. Mobile apps allow job seekers to search discreetly for positions anytime, anywhere and respond to postings quickly. 7 Incredible Apps To Find & Keep The Dream Job.
There are apps that help with career planning, organize the job search process, salary checker, pocket resume, company reviews, alert job seekers to compatible positions, and can even upload and send resumes to recruiters.
This article explores the 7 Incredible Apps To Find and Keep The Dream Job every job seeker should know about.
The most comprehensive career community. Job seekers get access to the latest job listings as well as company reviews and salary reports – shared by those who know the company best – the employees. Research open jobs, your earning potential and see what it’s really like to work at thousands of companies worldwide.
The all-new Job Feed
• A powerful tool that searches Glassdoor’s millions of job listings on your behalf and discovers new jobs for you
• Create a job feed for any job title and location of interest
• Fast and easy-to-use job search
• See company salaries, reviews and other information right from a job listing
• Save jobs and apply later so you’ll never miss out on a good opportunity
• Share and email your favorite jobs
• See salary and compensation by company, job title and location
• Research averages and ranges for base salaries, bonuses, stock options and more
• Read reviews from employees about the work environment, culture, senior leaders and more
• View pros, cons, and advice to senior management
• Get opinions from current and former employees about specific companies
Interview Questions and Reviews
• Read reviews from applicants about the interview experience
• See questions that top companies are asking
Pocket Resume Pro
Instantly create and send a stunning resume! Pocket Resume is the best-selling app that allows you to create, save, and email your resume from your Apple device (supports iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad).
Using the most innovative PDF-rendering technology, Pocket Resume simplifies the painful task of putting together a resume by doing ALL of the layout work for you – no other app comes close.
- Easily create a new resume based on your LinkedIn profile.
- Export to PDF using multiple style options.
- Export to RTF to edit your resume on your computer using MS Word or similar.
- Send your resume directly using the native email on your iOS device.
- Upload your resume to a DropBox account.
- Rearrange and rename sections to suit your needs.
Gain instant access to salaries globally with this free Salary Checker app from leading recruiter Robert Walters.
Designed for professional job seekers, you can check your market rate in over 20 countries. So if you’re an accountant, finance professional, HR, legal, IT, engineering, supply chain, secretarial or marketing specialist, you’ll find annual salaries and contract pay rates.
- Check and compare pay globally: Asia, Americas, Europe, UK, Africa
- Compare salaries for several jobs at one time
- Visual display of data – no dull tables
- View salary trends over time
- Save favourite salaries and searches
- Covers a large range of professions
- Permanent and contract rates covered
If you are looking for easy and fast way to search several millions of jobs then Jobtastic app is the right one for you. The app is incredibly easy to use and searches jobs from several different job search engines at one go. You can directly apply directly on you your device. You can also save the job to a list of favorites and email them to yourself or to someone else.
This job app consolidates job relevant job results from the following sources:
- job search engine
- more will follow
Opportunity is always within reach with the LinkedIn app for iPad and iPhone.
The LinkedIn app for iPhone and the new LinkedIn iPad app make it even easier to connect and grow your network, engage with professional content and gain insights right from the updates feed. The intelligent navigation is personalized just for you based on how you use LinkedIn everyday.
• Connect with more than 259 million members worldwide
• Stay up to date with people in your network
• Search for people, jobs, companies and groups
• Follow Influencers to get insights and original content from industry leaders in your stream
• Update your profile from within the app*
• View and save recommended jobs
• Read the latest industry news
• Follow and learn more about companies
• Keep up with your favourite groups
• Purchase and upgrade your account to a LinkedIn Premium Subscription*
The most jobs in one little app… Seek now makes it even easier to find your new job – here, there or anywhere!
Designed and optimized for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, with the app you can search for jobs, or Sign In with your existing SEEK account to make your job searching more efficient and seamless across devices.
● Search and apply for jobs
● Shortlist jobs and favourite searches to personalise your experience
● Never miss a new job, we’ll tell you what’s new since your last search
● View the resumes stored on your SEEK account and use to apply
● See the jobs you’ve applied for
Job Interview Questions and Answers
is a free interactive video app that helps you practice your answers to tough interview questions in an easy-to-use mock interview format.
Watch as you are asked a tough interview question. Get an opportunity to record your response to that question so you can see what you look like to your interviewer. Is it a strong enough answer? Not sure?
Then you can see job interview coach Peggy McKee, CEO of Career Confidential, give HER answer to that question. You’ll see how to structure your answer in order to make a strong, positive impression on the hiring manager.
Get these 5 questions for free:
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to join this company?
- Why have you been out of work for so long?
- Describe yourself to me in one word.
- What have you been doing since you got laid off?
After these 5, you will have access to 15 additional questions, like:
- What salary are you looking for?
- We donít think you have enough (or the right kind) of experience
- Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
- Tell me about a time when you failed.
If you know more incredible apps to find the dream job, please leave a comment.
Image Credit: Unsplash