Around 4.8 million Australians jog regularly or occasionally and fitness apps on smartphones have become an increasingly popular way for health-minded people to receive and track their running data.
However, as many runners know, holding a smartphone while you’re on the move is a recipe for disaster and attempting to glance at your smartphone when it’s strapped to your bicep is just inconvenient. Finally, these are about to become annoyances of the past, thanks to an Australian-first solution from Magellan, with the release of its Echo range of Smart running watches.
The Echo, launched by leading outdoor and fitness GPS brand Magellan, is the first dedicated Smart fitness running watch in the country that uses Bluetooth Smart technology to wirelessly connect to your iPhone and echo details from your fitness apps – such as distance, time, elevation and pace – in real time to your Echo watch.
How Does It Work?
- All you need to do is tuck your phone away and simply view and control your app from the Echo’s hard buttons or screen. This allows you to start, stop or lap your fitness app as well as play, change and pause songs on your smartphone’s music playlist from your running watch. The Magellan Echo features four simple control buttons or you can just tap the screen to scroll through additional data screens. Audible alerts are also an option.
- Once you have completed your workout all your running data is live in your fitness app, so it can be shared online straight away – there’s no need the plug the Echo into a computer to upload your stats.
- Update with the latest app compatibilities via free software updates available on the Magellan Active website.
- There are hundreds of great fitness apps out there and new ones launching all the time, so with Echo, the door is open for users to choose the ones they like best.
- Echo also has a range that comes with a Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitor, compatible with any fitness apps that can track heart rate data.
- Displays real-time data from fitness apps
- Remote control for fitness apps and music
- Ultra low power; battery does not need recharging
- Designed for sports, ruggedized, water-resistant
- Everyday watch with customizable displays
The Magellan Echo