Apple Introduces iPhone 5c—The Most Colourful iPhone Yet. All-New Design, Packed with Incredible Features in Five Gorgeous Colours. This article will cover everything you need to know about the Apple iPhone 5C.
“iPhone 5c is everything iPhone 5 was and more, in an all-new design packed with great features,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “iPhone 5c is designed with a beautiful polycarbonate enclosure that looks and feels so solid in your hand.”
iPhone 5c features
– An all-new design crafted from a single, hard-coated polycarbonate body with a steel reinforced frame for a solid, sturdy feel. The steel frame holds the internal components and also doubles as the iPhone 5c’s multiband antenna. The enclosure is one continuous and seamless structure that is finished with a hard coat for a durable and incredibly glossy surface.
– To complement the all-new iPhone 5c design, Apple created soft, matte, microfibre-lined cases in a very intentional contrast to the glossy, hard coat finish. These sleek silicone cases with unique circular patterns let splashes of colour show through, and with five iPhone 5c colours and six cases to choose from, you can mix and match for dozens of fun combinations.
iPhone 5c comes with all the features customers love in iPhone 5, and more.
– The Apple-designed A6 chip provides incredible performance and power efficiency, all while delivering great battery life, so almost everything you do on iPhone 5c is blazing fast, from launching apps and loading web pages to downloading email attachments. iPhone 5c features a stunning 4-inch Retina display and an 8 megapixel iSight camera, the most popular camera in the world. iPhone 5c also includes a new FaceTime HD camera for even better FaceTime calls and self-portraits, and with iOS 7, you can make audio-only FaceTime calls for the first time.
– iPhone 5c makes it even easier to connect to high-speed networks with support for up to 13 LTE¹ wireless bands, more than any other smartphone in the world. With download speeds up to 100 Mbps², you can browse, download and stream content even faster. iPhone 5c includes dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi support for up to 150 Mbps² and Bluetooth 4.0. iPhone 5c delivers an amazing 10 hours of talk time on 3G networks, up to 10 hours of web browsing on Wi-Fi and LTE networks and up to 8 hours on 3G networks, and up to 10 hours of video playback and up to 40 hours of audio playback.³
– iPhone 5c comes with iOS 7, the most significant iOS update since the original iPhone, featuring a stunning new user interface, completely redesigned with an elegant colour palette, distinct, functional layers and subtle motion that make it feel more alive. iOS 7 is designed to complement the gorgeous exteriors of iPhone 5c, with matching wallpapers and translucency that carry the colour through the entire experience. iOS 7 has hundreds of great new features, including Control Center, Notification Center, improved Multitasking, AirDrop®, enhanced Photos, Safari® and Siri®.
Pricing & Availability
– iPhone 5c comes in blue, green, pink, yellow and white and will be available in Australia for a recommended retail price of RRP A$739 inc GST for the 16GB model and RRP A$869 inc GST for the 32GB model. iPhone 5c will be available from the Apple Online Store, Apple’s retail stores, and through Telstra, Optus, Vodafone and select Apple Authorised Resellers.
– iPhone 5c cases will be available in blue, green, pink, yellow, black and white for a recommended retail price of RRP A$39 inc GST through the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com/au), Apple’s retail stores and select Apple Authorised Resellers.
– iPhone 5c will be available in the US, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore and the UK on Friday 20 September, and customers can pre-order their iPhone 5c beginning Friday 13 September.
– A new iPhone 4S 8GB model will also be available for RRP A$529 inc GST. iOS 7 will be available as a free software update starting on Wednesday 18 September for iPhone 4 and later, iPad 2 and later, iPad mini and iPod touch (fifth generation). Some features may not be available on all products.