Windows 10 is a game-changer and will ultimately make the difference between customers/users and fans.
How To Upgrade To Windows 10 For Free
This is the OS that will help us achieve this ambition!
Your free upgrade is on its way. Your notification to upgrade could come as soon as a few days or weeks. And you can always check your upgrade status in the Get Windows 10 app. For more information
1. To reserve your free upgrade, click on the Windows 10 icon located in the lower right side of the system tray.
- Don’t see the Windows 10 icon? First, try running Windows Update and install any available required and recommended updates for your existing Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC. Still don’t see the icon? Click here
2. Once in the Get Windows 10 app, click “Reserve your free upgrade” in the app window.
3. Enter your email if you want confirmation of this reservation.
4. We’ll download Windows 10 to your device and notify you when it’s ready. You can cancel your reservation at any time. 1
If you’d like to create a USB drive or DVD to download once and upgrade multiple PCs – click here.
Note: This free Windows 10 upgrade is available for PCs and tablets; the free Windows 10 Mobile upgrade will be available for most phones starting later this year.
After you have reserved, you are in the queue for your upgrade. Watch for your notification from the Get Windows 10 app to arrive in the coming days or weeks. At that point, you can upgrade immediately or pick a time that works for you.
After you’ve upgraded, you have Windows 10 for free on that device.
They’ve got your back
Upgrade to Windows 10 with confidence. The Microsoft Answer Desk will be here for you with one-on-one support to get you up and running on Windows 10. For questions about upgrading to Windows 10, take a look at our Windows 10 Q&A or check to see if your question has already been answered in the community forum or post a new one.
Happy Windows 10 Launch!!!
Featured Image: Microsoft
Have something to add to this article? Share it in the comments.