This article is for my readers who use and love Samsung phones. Last week I attended the Samsung event at the Opera House to discover Samsung launches Galaxy Note 4 & Note Edge smartphones.
The new Galaxy Note devices deliver a range of new features to consumers, which include technological advancements to the range’s iconic S-Pen, screen interface, and design. The Note Edge includes an innovative curved screen edge that has been designed to extend notification and touch screen accessibility and functions.
Galaxy Note 4
– The Galaxy Note 4 has a sharp 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display to reproduce clearer and more vivid images with better viewing angles than previous products within the Note range, as well as ultra-fast response times to deliver an amazing viewing experience in pristine clarity.
– Taking advantage of the large QHD display, a more refined Multi-Window feature enhances the user’s multi-tasking ability. Users can choose how they view their applications on the display with full, split or pop-up screens, and can easily change the size and positioning of apps on the screen with one intuitive swipe.
– The device also sports an advanced camera system that is able to reproduce brighter and clearer images than ever before seen in the Note category. The device’s 16 megapixel rear- facing camera features Smart Optical Image Stabilisation that counter-balances camera shake and automatically extends exposure time in dark settings for brighter images.
– In addition, a 3.7 megapixel front-facing camera (f/1.9 aperture) offers a 90 degree shooting angle and up to a 120 degree wide angle setting so users can take fantastic selfies with friends.
– Fast Charging feature and Ultra Power Saving Mode, the Galaxy Note 4 battery charges faster and last longer than ever before.
– It also offers an improved Fingerprint Scanner for faster and easier access the device’s key features.
– The Galaxy Note 4 comes equipped with multiple microphones and an improved speaker phone for better noise cancellation when speaking in loud environments. The built-in Voice Recorder offers eight different directional voice tagging and a selective playback capability that allows users to isolate and listen to specific voices in a group conversation.
– S Pen and S Note for everyday tasks. The new Smart Select feature enables users to easily piece together content from different sources and the innovative Snap Note feature allows users to take a picture of their notes on paper or a classroom board to quickly and easily convert to an S Note.
– The Galaxy Note 4 introduces a new sleek and stylish design which features a premium metal frame around the device. The 2.5D glass screen offers extra protection while perfectly complementing the device’s rich viewing experience. A soft-textured back cover ensures comfort and makes it easy to control and grip with one hand.
Galaxy Note Edge
– The Galaxy Note Edge’s unique curved Edge screen provides quick access to frequently used apps, alerts and device functionality with a simple swipe of the finger – even when there is a closed flip cover on the phone. Notifications appear directly on the Edge Screen while a video is playing to ensure the video viewing experience is not interrupted.
Pricing and availability
The Galaxy Note 4 will be available from the Samsung Experience Store and leading retailers from October 29 with a RRP of $949 (pre-sale from October 15).
The Galaxy Note Edge will be available from the Samsung Experience Store and leading retailers from November 5 with a RRP of $1,249.
Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.