What is Disney+?
Today marks the launch of Disney +, the new Netflix-esque media streaming subscription-based service. It will provide subscribers with exclusive original content ranging from films, series and documentaries from Disney, Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic and the Star Wars franchise.
Also announced today is the addition of Disney + to all Sony BRAVIA Android TVs, where Australian customers can instantly sign up and benefit from 600 movies and 7000 TV shows upon its release.
What can you watch on Disney+
Some of the content includes:
- All the Star Wars movies to date
- Classics from Disney Channel like Hannah Montana, Camp Rock and the High-School Musical trio
- Disney Originals including The Mandalorian, Lady and the Tramp; the entire Marvel universe
- Pixar classics such as Toy Story and The Incredibles
What devices can you watch Disney+ on?
- Smartphones including Apple iPhones and Android phones
- iPads and tablets
- Computers and laptops
- Select video game consoles (Xbox One and PS4)
- Select smart TVs (Sony Bravia for example)
- Amazon Fire TV devices
- Google Chromecast and Chromecast built-in devices
…we are thrilled to have partnered with Disney to open up an even bigger world of entertainment. Launching with exciting titles such as ‘The Mandalorian’, we believe the streaming service will be hugely popular with our customers.” said Aki Hosoda, Head of TV, Sony ANZ
Is Disney+ an app?
Disney+ is an app available on the App Store for iOS devices and on the Google Play Store for android devices. For compatible smart TVs, the app will be built-in.
Is Disney+ available in Australia?
How much does Disney+ cost?
Sony BRAVIA Android TV customers can sign up now for $8.99 per month or $89.99 per year here, and begin streaming instantly.