Yes with the latest redesign of JURA’s bestseller – the E8 – you can order your coffee by telling Siri what you’d like – giving the coffee connoisseur in all of us the machine we really need at home. The E8 has already been launched overseas with an advertising campaign featuring everyone’s favourite celebrity – Roger Federer. Now it’s selling worldwide and while we have to agree, the functionality is amazing, you will have to come to terms with the price tag at the RRP of $2,290. But remember, this is coffee for connoisseurs and if you think about it, many of us spend a lot of money at the local cafe over time so the E8 could work out worthwhile in the end.
We trialled the JURA E8 and we have to say, this machine does allow you to fine tune your morning coffee to an amazing extent. Just because the JURA’s E8 always uses freshly ground and extracted coffee, you’ll be able to enjoy the full aroma of coffee in your own home. But as well as that you can use the new extra shot function or set it for 17 different types of coffee!
Another feature we found incredibly useful is the fact you can set the strength of the coffee you make – so for those after a strong, intense dose, the machine extracts more coffee but for anyone who wants a less intense coffee, they can select a much lower setting. This means you could even swing a few hardened tea-only drinkers over this way because suddenly your flat white is a light, tasty beverage with not too much caffeine – something you can use at night as well.
The other feature which is a big help is the Onetouch automatic cleaning tab which makes cleaning a lot easier. As George Liakatos, JURA Australia General Manager says: “We thought the original E8 was packed with features and clearly so did our customers worldwide as it has been the best-selling model globally for the last 5 years. The new generation E8 really takes automated coffee machines to the next level. It’s not only packed with features but sophisticated in design and easier to use with the machine set up to make 17 coffee specialities, a new Extra Shot button and simplified one-touch maintenance with our new cleaning tabs.”
Here are the Key Features of the JURA E8:
• The Professional Aroma Grinder is a quiet grinder with cutting geometry which allows the flavours to fully unfold, thereby increasing the aroma by 12.2% compared to conventional systems, maintained for the service lifetime.
• There are 17 different coffee specialities which can be prepared at the touch of a button, including a Cortado.
• Those who like their coffee more intense can pep up their cappuccino or flat white using the Extra Shot function. The machine will grind, tamp and brew twice to ensure the coffee is not over-extracted.
• Thanks to the machine’s fluid system, automatic milk system cleaning takes place at the touch of a button with new mini tabs.
• An intelligent algorithm identifies your drinking habits and ensures the start screen displays either two or four of your favourite drinks.
• The ability for Siri to prepare a coffee via the J.O.E. coffee app from compatible phones and tablets.
• Easy programming, simply touch and hold each beverage to enter programming mode to completely customise drinks from coffee strength, temperature, amount of water and amount of milk.
Five things to try with the JURA E8:
1) Prepare a Cortado: this short beverage of Spanish origin can be likened to Australia’s piccolo; an espresso prepared with Pulse Extraction Process and then topped with fine foam milk.
2) Make a coffee with Siri: Thanks the J.O.E. coffee app, the E8 coffee machine will obey your every command. Assign Siri shortcuts to your favourite drink and prepare it with your voice: “Hey Siri, make me a flat white.”
3) Easy programming: touch and hold your favourite beverage to enter programming mode to completely customise your drink from coffee strength, temperature, amount of water and amount of milk.
4) Add an extra shot: touch this button to add an extra hit of coffee to any milk drink. The machine will grind, tamp and brew twice to ensure the coffee is not over-extracted.
5) Click & Clean: the milk system cleaning is as easy as putting the dose of tablets into the container and then the cleaning takes place automatically.
So you get the picture – this coffee machine is more high tech than most coffee machines. The JURA E8 is available in Piano Black at retailers at JURA here.
About JURA: JURA believe in the perfect cup of coffee, using fresh beans, freshly ground and extracted at the touch of a button. The product range includes both machines for domestic use and professional models for the office and food service industry. In recent years, the long-established Swiss brand has grown to become a global player, operating in around 50 countries.
For more from Women Love Tech, visit here.