A new Apple Watch Time to Walk episode has been released – this time from Grammy Award-winning Camila Cabello, who starred in the film Cinderella. In this episode, Camila reflects on overcoming her shyness as a performer and the event that made her re-evaluate her immigration story.
New episodes for Time to Walk become available each Monday and they’re part of Apple Fitness+. It seems to work because each week a different inspirational person shares three life stories and three songs as you go on a walk “with them.” It feels like you’re with them, because they’re walking too and there’s no host. Just them chatting away – to you.
There have been some really interesting celebrity episodes on Time to Walk including Dolly Parton, Jane Fonda and Naomi Campbell. As we said, Camila Cabello’s episode is live this week. She’s been nominated for three GRAMMY Awards and has won two Latin GRAMMYs from her role in Cinderella.
You can find the link to Camila Cabello’s episode here.
More about Fitness+ and Time to Walk
Time to Walk encourages users to get active by walking more often. Each episode features some of the world’s most interesting and influential people who share stories, photos and music with Fitness+ subscribers.
Each Time to Walk episode is shaped by stories about the guest’s personal, life-shaping moments and includes lessons learned, memories, thoughts on purpose and gratitude, moments of levity and other thought-provoking topics — all recorded while the guest is on an intimate walk in a location which is meaningful to them.
The narrative comes to life through photos which appear on Apple Watch, perfectly timed to amplify a corresponding moment the guest shares. Following their stories, guests introduce a short playlist of songs which have motivated or inspired them, so the listener can discover new music or hear an old favourite in a different light while they continue their walk to a soundtrack intimately connected to each guest.
As Apple’s senior director of Fitness Technologies Jay Blahnik says: “Walking is the most popular physical activity in the world, and one of the healthiest things we can do for our bodies. A walk can often be more than just exercise: it can help clear the mind, solve a problem, or welcome a new perspective. Even throughout this challenging period of time, one activity that has remained available to many is walking. With Time to Walk, we’re bringing weekly original content to Apple Watch in Fitness+ that includes some of the most diverse, fascinating and celebrated guests offering inspiration and entertainment to help our users keep moving through the power of walking.”
Key points about Time to Walk:
- New episodes appear in the Workout app on Apple Watch from a different guest each Monday. Users can browse episodes in the Fitness app on their iPhone and enjoy previous Time to Walk episodes when it’s most convenient for them.
- Time to Walk episodes are automatically downloaded to Apple Watch with a Fitness+ subscription and users can start an episode directly from the Workout app.
- Once a Time to Walk episode is selected on Apple Watch, a walk workout automatically begins and users can go at any pace that suits them while listening with AirPods or paired Bluetooth headphones.
- For Apple Watch customers who use a wheelchair, Time to Walk becomes Time to Walk or Push, and users can choose between a walking workout or a wheelchair pushing workout.
- Fitness+ is available as a subscription service for A$14.99 inc. GST per month or A$119.99 inc. GST per year.
- Fitness+ can be shared among six family members for the same price.
For more from Women Love Tech on Apple, visit here.