Learnist is a crowd-sourced collection of the world’s knowledge. Follow and learn from experts around the world. Learnist makes it easy to share what you know by curating the web. You can use videos, blogs, books, docs, images or anything on the web to explain anything. Discover Learnist the World Knowledge free app for travellers and others.
Learnist – Free – iPhone
Learnist lets anyone access a credible, thriving community of learners and experts via native smartphone apps or PC web browsers.
Today, millions of curious people worldwide use Learnist monthly to learn from expertly curated web, print and video content covering tens of thousands of topics, ranging from niche areas of academics to broad interests such as food, health, sports and entertainment. Learnist user interests and passions drive easy, efficient discovery of new learning experiences—literally, putting expert knowledge at users’ fingertips.
For experts, Learnist is the easiest way to share their knowledge with millions and establish credibility with other passionate influencers. With just a few clicks, experts can assemble web pages, videos, e-book excerpts and more into annotated Learnist boards.
How Does It Work
- For the moment Learnist is available for iOS (iPhone only), Android and Web users.
- Go to the App Store on your phone, type Learnist, install or click directly on the icon in this post.
- When the app opens, the first window will ask you to sign up via your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
- 3 main categories will show up – what’s new, Learnist Essentials and Recommended Boards.
- Below there is a list of different topics – I selected Travel & Places, the beautiful interface is easy to use with your finger.
- Pick the article you want to read, then click on the symbol: Add To Reading List and keep browsing.
- You are building your own collection of articles – when you go back to the ‘homepage’ of the app, the same blue symbol (on the top left) is your saved boards. You can save it to read later when you take public transport for work, on the couch or before going to bed 🙂
- The only down point is not (yet) available on the iPad which is better to read articles on, maybe later… but still a great nice and clean app.
Beauty and Brains
Who says you can’t have it all? Share your own knowledge by easily creating beautiful boards filled with content from across the Internet.
Browse boards curated by knowledge leaders across a wide variety of subjects. Gain context for what you read, straight from the people who know it best.
Image Credit: Learnist