Check out Canon PowerShot G1X Mark III. It’s flagship in the range and it’s finally here.
After the success of G1 X Mark II, this new baby has a killer combination of Canon’s EOS DSLR image quality with the handling and compact size of a PowerShot.
PowerShot G1 X Mark III features includes new and precise 3x optical lens, an APS-C sensor and Canon’s premium DIGIC 7 processor. The camera will offer its users with smooth versatility use that is good for high quality street photography and all the way up to create a superb documentary-style video quality.
DSLR Performance in a Compact Body
This recent addition to the PowerShot series will definitely give today’s enthusiast a powerful experience, ideal for capturing boundless moments whilst on the move. Highlighted below are PowerShot G1 X Mark III features.
Exceptional Image Quality and Rapid Speed
Leveraging an exceptional sensor, similar to the one seen in the EOS 80D and with ISO range capabilities of 100 to 25,600, the camera can flexibly capture images that are high quality in any range of conditions.
From high contrast scenes such as indoor environments to low contrast scenarios, such as foggy day, PowerShot G1X Mark III will deliver you a superb image. Its DIGIC 7 Processor provides the premium image quality result and thanks to Auto Lighting Optimiser and Diffraction Correction, thereby reducing the need to edit. These kind of features are also present in the EOS-1D X Mark II.
Other impressive and improved features include:
- A single lens. Its built in 3x zoom lens boasts a versatile 24 – 72 mm (35 mm equiv.) focal range and a close-focusing distance just 10cm, whether shooting portraits or macro-close ups.
- Aperture range from f/2.8 to 5.6 that can reduce potentially unwanted image artefacts. It can also render pleasing background blur and circular “bokeh”, minimising busy backgrounds and adding impact to the subject.
- With 4-stop Image Stabilisation that adapts and steadies the camera in any active shooting environment.
- Its Dual Pixel CMOS AF can deliver precise and rapid focus in less than 0.09 seconds, thereby resulting to high responsiveness and speed needed for capturing spontaneous shot at a moment’s notice.
Easy Handling and Stable Shooting
PowerShot G1 X Mark III not only feels good but it gives the user a familiar DSLR level of instinctiveness and control with the ability to customise for own use.
With a central built-in Electronic Viewfinder, optimised to deliver high-resolution view via 2.36 million dot Organic EL display. Meaning to say, whether you’re shooting a family portrait or an action shot, its Touch and Drag Auto Focus lets you take control of the shot intuitively, thereby giving you the ultimate confidence to comfortable capture a sharp image.
This camera designed to be compact and lightweight at just 399 grams. The PowerShot G1 X Mark III is 14.8mm thinner and approximately 16% smaller than G1X Mark II. Therefore, it’s easy to carry it wherever you go and definitely recommended for adventurous blogger, photographer and videographer.
No need to question its durability because the PowerShot G1 X Mark III features weather sealing for optimum performance in any challenging conditions and has an increased level of protection against dust and moisture. Aside from that, it has an underwater capability so you can use it up to a depth of 40m (130 feet).
Better and Expanded Creative Options
In bulleted points are PowerShot G1 X Mark III’s other improved specifications:
- Full HD 60p movie recording frame rate in MP4, stable filming underpinned by 5-axis Advanced Dynamic IS and Dual Pixel CMOS AF.
- With time-lapse movie function and panoramic mode.
- PowerShot G1 X Mark III’s Eco Mode lets you enjoy extended shooting time, which enables the battery to last up to 25% longer.
- It also has an option to let you recharge the camera on-the-go through the USB’s smartphone charger or USB compatible battery packs.
- The camera is also Wi-Fi ready and is has Dynamic NFC to easily connect with other compatible smart devices in just a single tap.
- It also has a Bluetooth connectivity feature that the camera can even be woken by a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone.
- It offers a live preview of the images in your smart device, which is perfect for monitoring and capturing life without disruption.
The PowerShot G1 X Mark III will be available from late November 2017. Prices will be set at dealer discretion.