Well 2018 is almost here and with it comes a brand new set of fitness goals.
To help make your fitness resolutions attainable, here are some tips to stay on track as well as some nifty ways to use technology to make it a whole lot easier.
How To Keep Your Fitness Resolutions On Track
1. Pairing Up
Pairing up with a girl/boyfriend will help make any workout more fun, but most importantly – it’ll hold you accountable. Team up with someone who shares a common goal. Before you start out, write down what you plan to achieve, and share with each other. Bonus points if you meet every week to discuss your progress!
If you don’t have anyone to pair with – get a dog or borrow your neighbour’s dog and go for a run with your new buddy!
2. Get A Goal Setting App
One of the best ways to accomplish your goals is to write them down! Luckily, there are apps out there that make staying on top of them that much easier! Whether you’re aiming to eat better, run more miles, or just be more active in general, you can track your progress with apps like Habit List and Human.
Habit List includes everything you need to reach your goals, wrapped in a beautiful and intuitive interface. It motivates you, helps you stay focused, and keeps you on track. It’s for all the little things that make a big difference. Price: $3.99
Human: Activity Tracker will automatically track your walks, runs, and bike rides as you move throughout your day.
3. Invest In A Fitness Wearable
This is almost 2018, welcome new technologies and wrap a fitness tracker around your wrist to calculate your daily steps, calories burnt and even sleep patterns and time! Top of the list:
- Apple Watch: http://www.apple.com/au/watch/?afid=p238%7CsW5a3vJfY-dc_mtid_18707vxu38484_pcrid_93288843622_&cid=aos-au-kwg-watch-slid-
- Samsung Gear Fit: http://www.samsung.com/au/consumer/mobile-phone/wearables/gear/SM-R3500ZKAXSA
- FitBit: https://www.fitbit.com/au
- Jawbone: https://jawbone.com/
4. Invest In Some New Activewear
Never underestimate the power of a little retail therapy to get you motivated. Remember that time you bought that knockout party dress with no occasion in mind, yet you were determined to find somewhere to wear it? Purchasing new workout gear does the same thing. Here three popular sportswear websites to check out:
- The Iconic: http://www.theiconic.com.au/womens-sportswear/?wt_se=au.sem_nonbrand.google.acc.sportswear.sports-wear-Broad
- Eastbay: http://www.eastbay.com/
- Lorna Jane: http://www.lornajane.com.au/
- On Sport: http://www.onsport.com.au/
5. Get A ‘Boarding Pass’ To Fitness Classes
You can get a monthly membership to hundreds of gyms, fitness, and activities with those two great apps:
The KFit app is your guide to a more active and exciting lifestyle. Discover new things and plan your day by browsing thousands of curated fitness, beauty and wellness activities in your city.
Zoom into what’s happening nearby – from yoga to sweat spas, manicures to hairdos, massages to acupuncture treatments.
The ClassPass dashboard and mobile app enable members to seamlessly discover, review and book classes and to follow ClassPass friends and influencers to see what classes they have taken.
It also enables ClassPass to recommend studios and gyms based on previous attendance elsewhere. ClassPass is the only monthly membership to offer this personalised approach to discovery, encouraging members to step outside their zones of familiarity.
6. Keep Your Fitness Level At Home
If you are running out of time or simply don’t like to go to a gym, I recommend you to upload a couple of great apps – preferably on your tablet the screen is larger for videos – I use those apps 10 to 15 minutes each morning (push ups and weights) and I lost 3cm on my waist in 1 month!
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/daily-workouts-free-personal/id469068059?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tinymission.dailyworkoutsfree&hl=en
- Nike+ Training Club – Free
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/nike+-training-club-english/id419151461?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nike.ntc&hl=en
- Bodyweight Training – You Are Your Own Gym – $3.79
- iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/bodyweight-training-you-are/id416981420?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leafcutterstudios.yayog&hl=en
7. Set Small Goals
The best goals you can make for yourself are SMART ones. They’re not just for year-end meetings with your boss, they work for fitness too.
Whatever you aim to achieve this year, make sure it’s Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-bound. Try making smaller goals that ladder up to larger ones, which makes them less daunting and more attainable.
8. Build A Reward
Before you even head to the gym, build in a reward to wrap up your sweat session. Whether that’s grabbing a latte with your sister, or a green juice with your workout buddy. When you have an immediate reward to look forward to, it’s easy to crank out another set of push-ups!
What tricks help you stick to your fitness resolutions? Please share in the comments below.